could this be a hg issue?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, could this be a hg issue? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; ok i found a 98 eldo for cheap 1200 and i know he will take less sounded pretty desperate to ...
    Talamant3z is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

could this be a hg issue?

ok i found a 98 eldo for cheap 1200 and i know he will take less sounded pretty desperate to sell. he says only issue is
    The car runs well at idle, but when driven temperature rises
    could that be a hg issue

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Re: could this be a hg issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Talamant3z View Post
    ok i found a 98 eldo for cheap 1200 and i know he will take less sounded pretty desperate to sell. he says only issue is could that be a hg issue

Remember that old adage,"if it sounds too good to be true....",get an exhaust gases test kit and check it out, it sounds like he's being honest with you, but he didn't come right out and mention possible h.g. problems.

[NortHStaR] is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille

If he seems pretty desprate you could probably get the car for $900 - $1000 and if your mechanicaly inclined do the HG job for like $500 or so and own a nice car for about $1500 so that would be a good deal

Mark C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS

Anytime you see an add for a pre 2000 cadillac with the words "overheats", "needs new waterpump", "needs a new radiator", just installed new waterpump, new radiator", etc. you can be sure its got headgasket problems, or is beginning to have headgasket problems.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by [NortHStaR] View Post
    If he seems pretty desprate you could probably get the car for $900 - $1000 and if your mechanicaly inclined do the HG job for like $500 or so and own a nice car for about $1500 so that would be a good deal
    Even if you are mechanically inclined the job cannot be done for $500. The special tools and stud or cert kit would cost way more than that.

[NortHStaR] is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille

My bad destroyer the stud kit is $549 then the rest of the parts are gonna be around $200 - $300 so at worst your at $849, at least thats how it was on my DeVille not sure about any special tools you've been told have to be used but I got away with basic hand tools.

Like I said at worst I replaced O2 sensors, spark plugs, hoses, etc. and my total was still under $1000

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.