Check out my Headgasket Job in the car!!!! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Check out my Headgasket Job in the car!!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Personally, I would pay very little for that 2000 DTS with 186K miles on it and a blown HG - ...
    tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

Re: Check out my Headgasket Job in the car!!!!

Personally, I would pay very little for that 2000 DTS with 186K miles on it and a blown HG - maybe $500, if you're looking for a project. Kelley Blue Book private party price for the Deville DTS (is it actually the DTS, or a lesser DHS or plain old Deville model?) in good condition - not with a blown HG - is $4,725.00.

And BTW, I own a 2,000 Deville DTS with 78K on it, and no blown HG...yet, and I think $4,725.00 sounds like about the right price for my car, if I were selling it. After all, it will be 10 years old in January.

zonie77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS

I agree with Tateos, the real value is about $500. If you really want it I'd consider up to a grand but there's little sense in giving them anywhere near $4000!

aac123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

Thanks for the replys

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

4 caddy's this year:

#1 $1150 Canadian: 97 STS 260,000 km'sblown headgaskets both sides, drove the car 30,000+ km's before it was done, replaced engine.

#2 1993 STS $100 scrapped due to city complaints, not much info on it, but it ran.

#3 $500 1995 STS with replaced engine, donated to #1. Ran and drove. 420,000 km's on body, 110,000 on engine.

#4 $700 1998 Deville Concours 240,000 miles. Original purchased for parts (whole front end is brand new) but turns out to be a good runner and is in awesome shape. So far no sign of blown headgaskets, but has suspect material in resevoir. Drove 70 km's home and no overheat. So far total cost to make a daily driver: 700 + $60 in parts. +Tax, e-test and safety.

I would never pay over 1000 with anything blown headgasket. These cars weather very well if taken care of, hell all you gotta do is wash it. There are LOTS around for these prices, i know where there are at least 20 more that can be had under a grand, theres even a couple 2000 year there.

aac123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

update: The other guys insurance said the damage was 2850 to repair w/salvage parts and the value of the car was 6000$-(99 deville 120,000). In NC the damage must be 75% of the car to write it off. I had it towed to the GM paint and body in town, they tore into it further and discovered that the 2 post looking things that hold the bumber reinforcement bar is toast as well as the bumber bar.

So I asked if the 2 posts were connected to the frame and he said its a uni-body frame and can be repaired, is this true?

What gets me is the value they say the car is...ie: has two small dents on the driver side and driver-side air bag deployed. Damage before the initial accident, so how is a 10 yr old car with dents, air bag out, repaired HG valued at 6000?
    Hell I just want the repair check cas these cars come a dime a dozen IF you want to fix them.

Ive been going to physical therapy everyday for 2 weeks and work hasent even been started to repair. Probally wont get the car till next year. The rental is a pontiac grand prix and sucks compaered to a 99 deville.

Thanks for your reply's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.