High Temps?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, High Temps? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Yesterday on a 3 hour trip (90 degrees) I noticed my temp (on the gauge) was a little higher than ...
    Yaemish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville, 04 SRX

High Temps?

Yesterday on a 3 hour trip (90 degrees) I noticed my temp (on the gauge) was a little higher than normal. On the Eldo it usually sits right in the middle of the gauge reguardless of all other exterior conditions. I noticed while drving a back road (hills etc) with my air on, the temp actually moved up an entire notch on the gauge. Is this normal? Its the first time I have seen this happen and I am planning on going on a 11 hour trip next week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: High Temps?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaemish
    Yesterday on a 3 hour trip (90 degrees) I noticed my temp (on the gauge) was a little higher than normal. On the Eldo it usually sits right in the middle of the gauge reguardless of all other exterior conditions. I noticed while drving a back road (hills etc) with my air on, the temp actually moved up an entire notch on the gauge. Is this normal? Its the first time I have seen this happen and I am planning on going on a 11 hour trip next week.
    It doesn't sound unusual to me... For lower speed driving on hills and such on a 90 degree day...??? One would expect the coolant temp to increase slightly. From what you said, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Coolant temps change all the time depending on engine speed, load, ambient temp, AC demand, etc... Anything from 200 to 240 could be considered "normal" under the right conditions. For the coolant temp to increase slightly in a higher load, lower speed situation (hills and less ram air due to slower speeds..??) with concurrent high AC load on a 90 degree day is nothing to worry about. Put tape over the temp gauge and drive the car. There are multiple warnings about the cooling system and impending problems. There is the low coolant warning, several levels of temp warning, the system will automatically shut off the AC if it gets WAY too hot and then the loss of coolant protection mode will kick in if the system boils dry and you need to get to a safe place. You have a lot of redundant systems to warn you that should give you peace of mind.

Yaemish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville, 04 SRX

Re: High Temps?

Thanks, I appreciate it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.