Right or left, Help Please!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Right or left, Help Please!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; hey guys, As whoever read my last post knows one of my engine fans went, the passengar side one to ...
    shizzyraw585 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Right or left, Help Please!!!

hey guys,

As whoever read my last post knows one of my engine fans went, the passengar side one to be exact. Well anyway i found a used one locally pretty cheap and was wondering if it is a passengar or drivers side, how can i tell? The guy cant remember either but says its the one with the mounting arms closer together. If its the drivers side, can i just switch the monunting arms and use it? Is replacing the fan motor an option? How much can i actually expect to pay for a new fan from the dealer? Also the fan came out of a 94 seville. He says the fan should fit my 97 eldorado without a probelm ( he actually said it should fit all 93-99 Cadillac Seville Deville and Eldorados) but i wanted to check with you guys first. And one last thing, is there anything else i should check for, or acessories that should come with the fan?

Thanx again guys!
    Shannon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

growe3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS and 2004 DTS

Re: Right or left, Help Please!!!

Passenger side (right) is the larger of the fans. It also has a metal shield attached to the fan motor to shield it from the exhaust heat.

The drivers side (left) is smaller and the top two support arms are close (about 6") together.

I would not try switching the parts, as one is difinitly moving more air you could easily overwork the electrical motor, or not provide enough power to spin the fan at the correct RPM.

-George

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.