Engine wiring harness removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Engine wiring harness removal in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok. I've got a 97 sls. I have EVERYTHING disconnected and ready to drop the cradle except for the electrical ...
    Taspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadillac SLS

Engine wiring harness removal

Ok. I've got a 97 sls. I have EVERYTHING disconnected and ready to drop the cradle except for the electrical harness. I'm having a bit of confusion as to what to disconnect. I've read the threads about dropping the cradle, but it none of them go in to any detail about disconnecting the harness. Once I get the harness situated I should be good to go, and it only took me about 3 hours. This is not as easy as an LS1 fbody, but really isn't that far off. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Re: Engine wiring harness removal

Quote Originally Posted by Taspeed View Post
    Ok. I've got a 97 sls. I have EVERYTHING disconnected and ready to drop the cradle except for the electrical harness. I'm having a bit of confusion as to what to disconnect. I've read the threads about dropping the cradle, but it none of them go in to any detail about disconnecting the harness. Once I get the harness situated I should be good to go, and it only took me about 3 hours. This is not as easy as an LS1 fbody, but really isn't that far off. Thanks for any help in advance.
    Under the dash on the right side. You will need to disconnect 2 connectors and a vacuum line and then pull it through to the engine side.

nice. thanks.

thanks. what about the harness coming into the fuse blocks on the driver side? does any of that need to be pulled loose?

Mark C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS

Unbolt the battery cable from the lower left (as your looking at it from the front) fuse block, and pull the fuse block just above that connection out of its bracket (bend the 4 tabs at the corners out and lift the fuse block out). One fuse block goes with the engine, two stay in the car. You also need to disconnect the connectors from the two relays to the right of the fuse blocks. If the BMPV is staying in the car, don't forget to disconnect its connector, and the single ground connection on the back of it. Disconnect the pressure and temperature switches from the A/C line along the back of the firewall, the brake cylinder electrical connectors, the transmission shift selector connector and depending on where your breaking the exhaust remove the connector from the post converter O2 sensor, and remove the clamps and pull the harness back to the cradle.

thanks guys. that got it. I'll drop it out in the morning. I hate cold.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.