2002 Deville P3008 code
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 2002 Deville P3008 code in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; ok need some help !! Got a 2002 Deville Base. I have had a bad ICV for about 2 years ...
    ramrod5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2002 Deville P3008 code

ok need some help !!
    Got a 2002 Deville Base. I have had a bad ICV for about 2 years now. It was real intermintent. In the passed 2-3 weeks it has really started to act up. I was planning on changing it this weekend,now this morning it started to have a real bad miss.Plugged in the scanner and pulled a P3008 code and also codes for the ICV.Changed the ICV and figured I had just fouled a plug. Changed all plugs (man was it a pain in the a?? to get the rears) with new ACDelco's. Fired it up an took it for a test drive and its still missing. Scanner is still pulling the 3008 code.Got me stumped !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2002 Deville P3008 code

You don't need a scanner. It's all built into your car already. Read the stickys at the top of this, Northstar Performance, and Cadillac Technical forums. Let the car display its own codes and you may come up with a different code, because aftermarket scanners tend to miss a lot of info.

Entirely possible that you have either a bad coil cassette, tracked plug boot, bad cassette ground spring, or maybe a CMP or CKP is ready to die. Have you ever seen a P0335/6 or P0385/6 code ? Have the CKP's ever been replaced ? (although CKP's usually give a coast-down stall).

BTW, there is no such code (OBD-II) as P "3008" or any combination of numbers which yields 3008.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

What's an ICV?

ICV = IDLE CONTROL VALVE

Sorry for the typo on the code , it was actually p0300.

pulled the codes from the dash and here is what I got ...

abs c1295 (history)
    ddm u1713 (history)
    ipm b0429 (current)
    pcm p0300 (current)
    rim u1000 (current)

Also had to drive it today to go to work. SES light would come on from idle and after take off start to blink then around cruising speed,35 mph, it would stop blinking then sometimes even turn off. come to a stop and it would come on again. Car does have a bad miss,real rough idle .. Thanks for the help guys, I am stumped on this. I am a rip and rebuild kinda guy, but when it comes to trouble shooting these newer cars I am really at a loss!!

Ahh OK, technically it is an IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. A flashing SES light means severe misfire detected. Maybe a bad ignition cassette?

sorry for the mis-label .How can I test for a bad ignition cassette ?

If you changed the plugs, you had to pull the ignition cassettes. A dealer can use a GM Tech-II diagnostic tool to find the coil problem (if any), but you can try checking the actual multi-pin connectors to each coil pack. If you're sure the plug boots are clean and not carbon tracked, then you're looking at a bad coil, bad cassette, stuck injector (check all the connectors), or maybe a bad CKP which hasn't set a code yet.

The P0300 with flashing SES light means "severe miss".

ok I used a MATCO scan tool and I found that its cylinder 8 that is misfiring. From what I have been able to find it looks that would the front left (from looking at motor from front of vehicle) cylinder ,is that correct ?

No. Standing in front of the vehicle, looking at the engine, #8 will be on your right or drivers side.

Technically it IS the front left because left & right are always given from the drivers seat.

Disregard the pre-2000 coil tower diagram. All else is Northstar cylinder numbering and firing order.

Thanks for all the help !!! Got it fixed. Ended up being the front coil pack. I ended up rigging a tester for the coil pack. Piece of wire placed in the boot put coil back on then other end of wire close to a ground and looked for spark. Ended up being the # 8 was not firing. Again thanks for all the help. Now if I can just figure why my dash constantly says "check coolant level" I would be happy.

Probably a bad sensor in the surge tank. It is not serviceable. You'll have to replace the tank.

Chadillac182 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Concours, 01 STS, 02 deville, 06 DTS performance, 07 Esca

I have the same issue with "check coolant level" flashing in my 02 Deville. Any idea how much a new tank is??

32vmonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod5000 View Post
    Thanks for all the help !!! Got it fixed. Ended up being the front coil pack. I ended up rigging a tester for the coil pack. Piece of wire placed in the boot put coil back on then other end of wire close to a ground and looked for spark. Ended up being the # 8 was not firing. Again thanks for all the help. Now if I can just figure why my dash constantly says "check coolant level" I would be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadillac182 View Post
    I have the same issue with "check coolant level" flashing in my 02 Deville. Any idea how much a new tank is??

$71.79, this is on www.rockauto.com

Chadillac182 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Concours, 01 STS, 02 deville, 06 DTS performance, 07 Esca

Quote Originally Posted by 32vmonte View Post
    $71.79, this is on www.rockauto.com

Ok got it!! thanks Monte

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.