100K warranty
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 100K warranty in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I purchased a 97 deville d'elegance a month ago and the dealer said I have a 100,000 mile engine warranty. ...
    iamstr8fire is offline Cadillac Owners Member

100K warranty

I purchased a 97 deville d'elegance a month ago and the dealer said I have a 100,000 mile engine warranty. Does anyone know anything about this? What does it cover? Where can I find out more?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Quadrasteer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 100K warranty

I bought a '99 De'Elegance a few years ago and it was GM Certified. They gave me 80k instead of the 50k that it came from the factory with. The Certified program gives the dealers a list of things that need to be inspected on a used car before GM will certify the car. In later years they gave 100k mi. From what I know it's an extension of the original warranty. They used to charge between $300. and $500. or sometimes add it into the $ of the car and use it as a sales tool. At one time they gave the customer a certificate and info about the coverage. You had to go to a Certifed Dealer to get it done because not all dealers were allowed to certify a car. Other GM divisions have it too but it does not add as many miles or months to the warranty the way Caddy does (or did, not sure if they do it any more). If you give any dealer your vin # they can tell you if it's Certified or not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.