Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Hi been on here lots today, I have a 94 seville sts with a broken shift solenois in the tranny. ...
    laurieH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid

Hi been on here lots today, I have a 94 seville sts with a broken shift solenois in the tranny. I am in need of a repair ASAP, (leaving town) and need some help walking me throgh this. I have done lots of repairs on my car myself andam hoping this one I can do too.
    After I get to the trans pan, is it really complicated after that or not? I anyone can help me out here I would really appriceate it. I located the part and am going to get it. I wish I oculd wait to Tues. when the shops are open but I can't. I have a funeral to go to and I need to leave here no later than tomorrow night. Monday is my birthday so it really sicked already that I had a funeral that day, lol can it get any worse. Just am having a day from hell, but am tryint to stay positive. I fixed and replaced my egr valce thanks to you guys and my coil pack, plus a few other things, so I getting some car knowlege thats for sure. I spent a lot of money on this car to buy it, and ofcourse over the years before finding this site I spent thousands$$$$ on repairs, still specd some here and there but am taking care of lots myself. Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rollman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid

Its great that your working on your own car. While your replacing the B solenoid you might as well replace the other (A) solenoid . Cadillac has a problem with both solenoids failing . And yes continuing to drive your car with only second gear will harm your trans. No sense in making the problem worse then it is for yourself . Good luck

P029 .................... Transaxle Shift 'B' solenoid problem (1st, 3rd, 4th gear)
    P094 .................. Transaxle Shift "A" Solenoid Problem (Vehicle Speed Sensor)

Read over this thread>> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...highlight=P029

laurieH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid

Thank rollman,

Can you help me through this, any help you can give would be great. I am great following directions but need help gettting there

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.