Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi been on here lots today, I have a 94 seville sts with a broken shift solenois in the tranny. ...
    laurieH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid

Hi been on here lots today, I have a 94 seville sts with a broken shift solenois in the tranny. I am in need of a repair ASAP, (leaving town) and need some help walking me throgh this. I have done lots of repairs on my car myself andam hoping this one I can do too.
    After I get to the trans pan, is it really complicated after that or not? I anyone can help me out here I would really appriceate it. I located the part and am going to get it. I wish I oculd wait to Tues. when the shops are open but I can't. I have a funeral to go to and I need to leave here no later than tomorrow night. Monday is my birthday so it really sicked already that I had a funeral that day, lol can it get any worse. Just am having a day from hell, but am tryint to stay positive. I fixed and replaced my egr valce thanks to you guys and my coil pack, plus a few other things, so I getting some car knowlege thats for sure. I spent a lot of money on this car to buy it, and ofcourse over the years before finding this site I spent thousands$$$$ on repairs, still specd some here and there but am taking care of lots myself. Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rollman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid

Its great that your working on your own car. While your replacing the B solenoid you might as well replace the other (A) solenoid . Cadillac has a problem with both solenoids failing . And yes continuing to drive your car with only second gear will harm your trans. No sense in making the problem worse then it is for yourself . Good luck

P029 .................... Transaxle Shift 'B' solenoid problem (1st, 3rd, 4th gear)
    P094 .................. Transaxle Shift "A" Solenoid Problem (Vehicle Speed Sensor)

Read over this thread>> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...highlight=P029

laurieH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid

Thank rollman,

Can you help me through this, any help you can give would be great. I am great following directions but need help gettting there

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.