head gasket replacement in louisville kentucky area
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, head gasket replacement in louisville kentucky area in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Does anyone know of a service shop in the Louisville area which can replace a 99 STS Northstar head gasket ...
    leveespector is offline Cadillac Owners Member

head gasket replacement in louisville kentucky area

Does anyone know of a service shop in the Louisville area which can replace a 99 STS Northstar head gasket and install inserts for a reasonable amount?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikelawson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: head gasket replacement in louisville kentucky area

Hi, I do the head gasket job for a very reasonable amount. I charge 1500.00 + parts. I have many references and have done 15+ of the 98 and newer sevilles. I'm in the louisville area (40299 area code) and can give you my number if you're interested. I use Norm's NS300L inserts and fel-pro gaskets. I have had 100 % success and give a 12 month unlimited mileage guarantee. I can do this so much cheaper because I do this as a side business. Local repair shops (if you can find that works on Northstars) charge as much as 4000. Let me know if you're interested and I will give you my phone number.

Mike

leveespector is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mike, please send me your phone # to leveespector@yahoo.com or call me at 812-989-5198.

Thanks

tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelawson View Post
    Hi, I do the head gasket job for a very reasonable amount. I charge 1500.00 + parts. I have many references and have done 15+ of the 98 and newer sevilles. I'm in the louisville area (40299 area code) and can give you my number if you're interested. I use Norm's NS300L inserts and fel-pro gaskets. I have had 100 % success and give a 12 month unlimited mileage guarantee. I can do this so much cheaper because I do this as a side business. Local repair shops (if you can find that works on Northstars) charge as much as 4000. Let me know if you're interested and I will give you my phone number.

Mike
    An amazing value!

jnabach8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 sts

Mike I have a 1998 STS that needs head gaskets what all is included in your 1500.00

See my website @ http://www.cadillacspecialties.com and Navigate to the "services" page to get more information on the repair, but to quickly answer your question, the 1500 is the total labor charge to repair your vehicle. If you want additional services like replacing the power steering pressure hose (common failure item), etc. I can do that at a reduced labor cost. Call me @ 502-509-2234 or 502-291-1249 and I can tell you more about the repair.

Mike.

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Mike, Nice website.... excellent videos of the drilling and tapping with the jig.

Thanks, the site's still a work in progress for me, but a good start. I will add a bunch more pics and videos, but I thought I would post the videos on the hardest to do which is the older (97-) sevilles and (99-) devilles due to the external air disturbution box.

hcaddy95 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995,Cadillac Deville,HT 4900

Here in Milwaukee,Wi, I also see 99 and prior devilles, eldorado's,etc.. for sale with blownheadgaskets for really cheap. And I would like to buy one in the next year. But my Question is ( MikeLawson) where did you get that jig from?? does it come with the stud kit thats on the market for these engines or do you have to buy it seperately. I would really like to upgrade to NorthStar Caddy

That drilling jig is a part of Norm's kit. I believe you can purchase it seperately though.

Mike

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

So far Mike is the only one with a YouTube video for Northstar head gasket repair.

buggin123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 seville

Mike, I was really impressed with your videos of the repair, but have a question, how do you pull the cylinder head alignment pins (upper corners of front and back banks)? or does the drill bit and tap fit inside of them?

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Buggin123- simplest method if you have a mig welder handy:

Cut pieces of 1/2" allthread rod. About 1" -1 1/4" long. Weld them inside the pins. Now take a piece of pipe, about 1" diameter, 1 1/4" long and place this over the alignment pins. Using a washer and a 1/2" nut, and a 3/4" wrench, turn the nut on until the pin pulls all the way out, Make sure the pipe does not turn on the engine and score the deck surface.

Simplest, easiest way. Make sure the block is well taped up first to prevent any weld spatter from getting in the cyinders.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.