EGR Removal / Steel fuel rails
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, EGR Removal / Steel fuel rails in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I read the tips section I noticed Rangers comment on the fuel system recall involving newer steel fuel rails. My ...
    mythy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado 98

EGR Removal / Steel fuel rails

I read the tips section I noticed Rangers comment on the fuel system recall involving newer steel fuel rails. My question is how do I remove the bracket without fear of combustion? I really don't want to get that bracket hot by using a saw or a grinder to remove it out of my way... Has any one figured out how to get the EGR off when theres steel fuel rails?

(I'm afraid to use more force to bend the rails)

I got a CEL involving the EGR valve and performance but then it went to history I still want to clean it since my idle is off and I can't stand the thought of losing performance !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: EGR Removal / Steel fuel rails

I remember that the old nylon rail had a ground wire up by the P/S pump that they just cut and left connected to make the conversion faster. That leads me to believe that the rail is grounded, but don't quote me on that. If you do cut it and have a starting problem after wards, then that is what I would suspect and you'll have to find another way to ground it. It should not be too hard to lift the rail. Just a couple of hold down and lift it in on piece with the injectors still attached.

I lifted like mad but I had to stop I feared I'd break some thing... What exactly does the rails attach to? I have the 2 steel and the nylon is still there and still grounded to the P/S pump as well I find it odd they left the old rail in the bay like that... Unless that isnt what it is?!? It has a Fuel warning sticker on it...

Boy, that is confusing. I can't imagine that they'd leave the old rail there, but stranger things have happened. If it is grounded to the P/S pump then it sounds like they did. Can you post a picture?

I think the rail is mounted on the beauty cover mounting studs. Just follow the rail and you should see hold downs somewhere.

The metal rails that I cant bend up runs under the intake plenum Theres literally no play in them I cant even move them up a quarter inch! I need a inch of play upward and I'll post a pic in the morning of the other line with the nylon braiding on it and the fuel warning

Under the intake? They should run down each side of the intake like a big "U".

nope the 2 metal lines have a mounting plate that hooks to the EGR bolt, then they continue under the plastic plenum and there damn solid there has to be some serious mounting under there I tried to pry them up with a screwdriver and I had to stop I was getting concerned some thing would break.

Hmm, I'd have to see it. I'm trying to remember what my '97 looked like and I don't recall what you are describing, but as they say, the memory is the second thing to go.

My mistake they hook onto the rails I can see why I have no play

I marked the 3 lines

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.