a/c compressor/ clutch removal-install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, a/c compressor/ clutch removal-install in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I think my ac compressor is gonna need changing. It was throwing sparks whenever I pressed on the accelerator today. ...
    BLAC-ON-BLAC-LAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

a/c compressor/ clutch removal-install

I think my ac compressor is gonna need changing. It was throwing sparks whenever I pressed on the accelerator today. Im going to start calling around tomorrow (pricing). Has anyone ever done this? Is it a hard task fo a do it yourselfer? I found a couple of them on ebay. I might wait for those is around $150-200 too much? I also seen the tools to do this job. If I think I can do this I will do this coming week. I will let yall know. But if anyone can help it will be great. I hope this will be the end of engine compartment work for a while. I bought this 'LAC at an auction and still cant get behind the wheel. Im ready to roll this puppy. Im ready to hook it up. After this i gotta send this gangsta to the body shop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Well I think its most likely the clutch...... Probably seized up.... And at this point it may be best to just replace the compressor and everything...... I think it would be a pretty easy fix.... Just remove the belt and remove/replace the compressors..... But then again I am used to working on an engine put in the compartment correctly, not sideways ...... And because of this, it could be a little tougher to get at that stuff.........

Obviously, you would have to evacuate the system, and then recharge it....... Maybe it would be best to have someone with all the tools do it!

BLAC-ON-BLAC-LAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    what do you mean evacuate the system? the freon?

Re: a/c compressor/ clutch removal-install

Quote Originally Posted by BLAC-ON-BLAC-LAC
    what do you mean evacuate the system? the freon?
    You have to get all of the freon out of the system before you undo the compressor....... You wouldnt want extremely poisonous gases flying around when you unhooked the compressor hoses now would you??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.