Update on Turbo 99STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Update on Turbo 99STS in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Thought I would give everybody an update on the car. I finally got it on the dyno and we got ...
    MARK99STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 STS

Update on Turbo 99STS

Thought I would give everybody an update on the car.

I finally got it on the dyno and we got 418HP to the wheels at about 11lbs of boost. I felt the car should do better given that I put a larger turbo on it(70mm). It seemed to stutter when I tried to up the boost. Jim thought the exhaust was restricting it since I was going from a 3" off the turbo to a 2.5" cat back. We took off the the exhaust in front of the converter and did another run and we couldn't beleive it. It gained a full 70hp TO THE WHEELS!!. We ran it again to confirm and sure enough 489HP at 15 lbs of boost. It was awesome. That is about 650hp at the crank since the loss through the tranny is about 26% I went out and got an electric cut out for the exhaust. I have a Profec-b boost controller that I mounted in the console and it is set at low boost of 7 and high of 15. Now I can up the HP with a flick of the switch. Frick'n Awesome!!! It's both hands on the wheel now when I lay into it because it pulls so hard the front end will float a bit.

I took it to the track and ran a12.25@ 118mph spinning the slicks in 2nd gear. I have a video and will post it as soon as I can. I know it would be in the high 11's if I could ever get traction. Hard to do with a front wheel drive tank.

That's it for now

Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Update on Turbo 99STS

wow Mark
    been awhile
    welcome back
    always awesome to hear an update!

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by MARK99STS View Post
    489HP at 15 lbs of boost.

Frick'n Awesome!!! It's both hands on the wheel now when I lay into it because it pulls so hard the front end will float a bit.

I took it to the track and ran a12.25@ 118mph spinning the slicks in 2nd gear. I have a video and will post it as soon as I can. I know it would be in the high 11's if I could ever get traction. Hard to do with a front wheel drive tank.

That's it for now

Mark
    I think I am getting close to the 485 whp

You want to see some Torque steer. Just say I am 400 whp. You need to be holding on AND working the wheel

You are getting me excited to see how far into the 12's we will get

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

AJ, looks good. On what car, what engine, what tune, under what conditions??

Based on the past PCM tuning posts embedded in the Northstar Performance thread I am assuming this approach to 485 fwhp is a drop-in PCM tune for all Seville/Deville cars.

Yes or no ? Deal or no deal ? Enquiring minds want to know........

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Good to hear from you Mark.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Outstanding numbers!. I've always wanted to see someone take it this far with a N*. AJ needs to pay close attention!.

Raze is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger

Nice Mark, nice. Was wondering if you went back to the MTs or still have the exhaust running under the front frame and stayed w/the skinnys? Can't wait to see the vid(s)! Also POST MORE PICTURES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I'm also not surprised you picked up so much power, w/a turbo you need the least restrictive exhaust as possible and a 2.5" on a 4.6L DOHC is PUNY!

I have one more request, if you could PM me any contact info for your shop, I'd really like to talk to the fella who did the piggyback for you. I've MegaSquirted a track XR4Ti I have w/my buddies and I'm very confident the stock caddy ECU could be hacked with a MS w/o throwing codes. I'm not in it to make/sell a product but rather to do it for the sake of doing it but there are a few signal questions I have that would be good to know what was done.

Let me know, and thanks!
    -Jeff

I just hope you and AJ will come together to make the $$$ a little less for us common guys.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by MARK99STS View Post
    Thought I would give everybody an update on the car.

I finally got it on the dyno and we got 418HP to the wheels at about 11lbs of boost. I felt the car should do better given that I put a larger turbo on it(70mm). It seemed to stutter when I tried to up the boost. Jim thought the exhaust was restricting it since I was going from a 3" off the turbo to a 2.5" cat back. We took off the the exhaust in front of the converter and did another run and we couldn't beleive it. It gained a full 70hp TO THE WHEELS!!. We ran it again to confirm and sure enough 489HP at 15 lbs of boost. It was awesome. That is about 650hp at the crank since the loss through the tranny is about 26% I went out and got an electric cut out for the exhaust. I have a Profec-b boost controller that I mounted in the console and it is set at low boost of 7 and high of 15. Now I can up the HP with a flick of the switch. Frick'n Awesome!!! It's both hands on the wheel now when I lay into it because it pulls so hard the front end will float a bit.

That's it for now

Mark
    That thing is just too damn fast for a N* Deville. I fear for your safety. Put an "AJ tune" on it slow things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    That thing is just too damn fast for a N* Deville. I fear for your safety. Put an "AJ tune" on it slow things up a bit.

You just can't stop, can you?

mighty_quad4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

if you have an issue with AJ, PM him about and stop injecting your biased nonsensical crap into threads where it does not belong. im more interested in hearing about a turbo Northstar engine, not your quibble with AJ. got it?

Thanks everyone

I am not sure why some people can't understand that the DHS ran a 14.6 at the Cadillac Owners Forum Meet. Several Members watched it go down the track. This was without N2O. The lines were not even connected.
    The DHS is a 100% stock engine. Oh yeah it has a painted intake manifold.
    The car is running 3.73 gears vs the 3.11 gears.

If you look at the time Code posted on the stock PCM "15.49" The 14.6 is much faster.

Last year we ran 15.1 several times without the Troque Management Defeat Device. I think that the 15.1 on my tune looks better than the 15.49

This goes back to people that want to argue just to argue. Fact are Facts.
    Only ONE car ran SLOWER on my tune.
    Am I correct on that statement?

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

give up AJ
    you cant convince Destroyer of anything anymore than you can stop the tide...

Yea. Get'em guys. I needs some entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by AlBundy View Post
    Yea. Get'em guys. I needs some entertainment.
    I don't have the time right now

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    give up AJ
    you cant convince Destroyer of anything anymore than you can stop the tide...
    That was my point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.