Nitrous Wet Or Dry??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Nitrous Wet Or Dry??? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Originally Posted by GONEB4U Sorry, Dude, I just don't think there is that much r&d with N20 on these cars!...
    Randy_W is offline Banned

Re: Nitrous Wet Or Dry???

Quote Originally Posted by GONEB4U
    Sorry, Dude, I just don't think there is that much r&d with N20 on these cars!

ronbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

GONEB4U -
    Did you ever try this?

I'm looking for help for my 98 Aurora... shy of swapping a 4.6l into it... which would be a waste of a perfectly good 4.0 (besides, I've yet to see if anyone has performed a 4.6L Aurora swap yet).

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

I found this over on the cadillacowners site. This person has a '98 STS, but they installed a dry system on it.

edited by Sal Collaziano: We do not associate with this site as the owner has spammed our members and has a long list of enemies online for bad etiquette. If you want to send somebody a link, send it to them via email.

ronbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

danbuc,
    can you guide me in another way?... that link didn't work on my machine

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Up to 100 shot (dry) should be fine. The O2 sensors don't really make much difference in this case since the nitrous is only flowing at WOT. Once at that throttle angle, the injectors are basically just dumping based on the WOT table in the PCM.
    I've been considering the same question myself recently and have pretty much decided on the 100hp dry system too mainly due to cost and ease of installation. If you were going for more power, I'd suggest a wet system and several other upgrades to support it. Replacing your EOM feul pump might be a good idea too. The last thing you want is to have the pump go lean on you during a nitrous run.

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Up to 100 shot (dry) should be fine.
    I'm going to disagree. The maximum I would be comfortable with is probably 50. Here's why:

With a dry system, you need to up the fuel pressure so that your injectors flow more for the new given oxygen. For 100 extra hp, you would need to turn your stock 19lb injectors (I think that's right, correct me if I'm wrong) into 25lb injectors. Given a stock pressure of ~45psi, you would need to crank it up to 85psi. IMO, that's unreasonable. Number one, I highly doubt the fuel pump would still be able to flow at the pressure, and number two, your injectors may not even be able to OPEN at those pressures.

as a side note, 350hp would require ~65psi, which is probably the ragged edge of where the system still works. I wouldn't use a dry system myself however, it's a lot more risky, and very prone to detonation if timing isn't retarded. (Something you can't do without an aftermarket ECM)

xdamxincx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac cts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado1 View Post
    I'm going to disagree. The maximum I would be comfortable with is probably 50. Here's why:

With a dry system, you need to up the fuel pressure so that your injectors flow more for the new given oxygen. For 100 extra hp, you would need to turn your stock 19lb injectors (I think that's right, correct me if I'm wrong) into 25lb injectors. Given a stock pressure of ~45psi, you would need to crank it up to 85psi. IMO, that's unreasonable. Number one, I highly doubt the fuel pump would still be able to flow at the pressure, and number two, your injectors may not even be able to OPEN at those pressures.

as a side note, 350hp would require ~65psi, which is probably the ragged edge of where the system still works. I wouldn't use a dry system myself however, it's a lot more risky, and very prone to detonation if timing isn't retarded. (Something you can't do without an aftermarket ECM)
    and i highly disagree with your statements ... pretty much any fuel injected car will handle a 100 dry shot of nitrous. fuel injectors work in duty cycles and the computer can sense the added air intake by the presence of vacuum and that will make the injectors cycle more to provide more fuel and enough for a 100 shot of nitrous .. and same goes for timing u wont need much timing pulled for a 100 shot this will be done by knock sensors.. .... i will be doing it to mine here soon. just make sure that you guys use premium octane fuel
    and this is based off of putting the nozzle after the mass air sensor.. if u put it downstream of the mass air .. it will measure air density and temperature and do all the same changes...

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Do you realize that this thread is 5 years old? Most of these guys have not even posted in over a year.

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed

well wheres all the blown up N* at???

xdamxincx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac cts

lol yea i know .. im just bored

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

We ran 250 shot for a long time and even went way up to something like a 400 shot for a full day at the track. The engine hasn't been apart since we added the N2O

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ect-way-i.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.