Fuel rail recall expanded
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Fuel rail recall expanded in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Everyone I hope knew about the Aurora plastic fuel rail recall. The Cadillacs were added as of 04-19-04. NHTSA Action ...
    Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT

Fuel rail recall expanded

Everyone I hope knew about the Aurora plastic fuel rail recall. The Cadillacs were added as of 04-19-04.

NHTSA Action Number : EA04003 NHTSA Recall Campaign Number : 04V110000
    Make : CADILLAC Model: DEVILLE
    Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Year : 1995
    Component : FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
    Date Investigation Opened : February 3, 2004
    Date Investigation Closed : April 23, 2004
    Summary:
    ON MARCH 3, 2004, GENERAL MOTORS NOTIFIED ODI THAT IT WAS RECALLING APPROXIMATELY 94,000 MY 1995-97 OLDSMOBILE AURORA VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 4.0L V8 ENGINES (RPO L47 - VIN8 "C") TO ADDRESS CONCERNS WITH UNDERHOOD FUEL LEAKAGE FROM CRACKED FUEL RAILS AND, IN SOME OF THE VEHICLES, CRACKED FUEL RETURN LINES. ACCORDING TO GM, THE NYLON TUBING (PA12) USED IN THE FUEL RAIL CONSTRUCTION IN THESE VEHICLES MAY DEGRADE AND CRACK. GM'S SUPPLIER ATTRIBUTED THE CRACKING TO THE COMBINED EFFECTS OF HEAT, TIME, ALCOHOL FUEL, FUEL PRESSURE CYCLING, AND DESIGN STRESSES. IN ADDITION, GM STATED THAT THE MY 1995 AURORA USES A UNIQUE UNDERHOOD FUEL RETURN LINE THAT MAY ALSO CRACK AT UNUSUALLY HIGH RATES. GM DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW FUEL RAIL CONSTRUCTED OUT OF STAINLESS STEEL IN ALL OF THE RECALLED VEHICLES AND WILL ALSO INSTALL A REVISED CHASSIS FUEL RETURN LINE IN THE MY 1995 AURORAS. ON APRIL 16, 2004, GENERAL MOTORS NOTIFIED ODI THAT IT WAS ADDING APPROXIMATELY 389,000 MY 1995-97 CADILLAC SEVILLE, DEVILLE AND ELDORADO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 4.6L V8 ENGINES (RPO'S LD8 AND L37 - VIN8 "Y" AND "9") TO RECALL 04V-110. THE RECALLED CADILLACS WILL RECEIVE THE NEW STAINLESS STEEL FUEL RAILS. THIS ENGINEERING ANALYSIS IS CLOSED.

Logan
    www.airbagcrash.com
    www.logandiagnostic.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Fuel rail recall expanded

Thank you very, VERY much! I was patiently awaiting this recall!! Do you know if I can bring to them a loaded nylon fuel rail, and come out with the new version? I changed out the broken fuel rail myself...

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT

What is a loaded fuel line? They will replace anything thats on there with the new SS one.

Problem is the recall just came out 6 weeks ago. My guess is none of the dealers have any yet.....or even know about it.

The safest soluloution is: If the line is currently leaking. Have the dealer replace it right now with the current plastic version. Then, when the SS ones come in they can replace it.... again. Parts and labor should be GMs bill, regardless of age and mileage of the vehicle.

If you have paid for a new or used fuel rail in the last year or two. Dig up the bill....chances are you will be able to get a refund.

Logan
    www.airbagcrash.com
    www.logandiagnostic.com

My engine's apart right now... I've got this:

http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/73/a1/6d_1_sb.JPG

sitting waiting to be reinstalled... Basically what I'm asking is if they'll honor the recall if I just bring them the rail (not the car/engine with it :coolgleam ) Guess I'll have to call tomorrow :rolleyes2

RLLOVETT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What's the difference between the 94 and 95 fuel rails? Did they change tubing types? manufacturers? Any reason the worry about my 94?

i014 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Logan,
    I called Cadillac last week and asked about this recall, and was told there is no recall on my vehicle. Can you tell me if my 97 Deville should be included? Vin #1G6KD54Y8VU295393 Thanks, Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by i014
    Logan,
    I called Cadillac last week and asked about this recall, and was told there is no recall on my vehicle. Can you tell me if my 97 Deville should be included? Vin #1G6KD54Y8VU295393 Thanks, Kirk
    I just stopped in today, and they said the same thing. The guy said he needed a GM (something) number?

Aurora By Olds is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by i014
    Logan,
    I called Cadillac last week and asked about this recall, and was told there is no recall on my vehicle.
    Likewise for my '95 Aurora. Checked about a month+ ago, and nothing. Waited and checked again today, and still nothing.
    Anyone know a number for GM I can call to find out for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora By Olds
    Likewise for my '95 Aurora. Checked about a month+ ago, and nothing. Waited and checked again today, and still nothing.
    Anyone know a number for GM I can call to find out for sure?
    One site pointed me to 1-866-982-2339, but that's for cadillac. Maybe they'll have some idea?

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado1
    One site pointed me to 1-866-982-2339, but that's for cadillac. Maybe they'll have some idea?
    Thanks a bunch. If nothing else, they should be able to redirect me...

JSMeloche is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V6 AWD

I called my dealer (Boulevard in Hull, Québec formely William's) and he said there was no recall on my car other then reseal the airbag module or something like that.

Just got off the phone with Olds, and they cannot find any information about a recent furl rail recall for ANY aurora. They don't know of any recent recalls or anyone I could contact to learn about them. They told me to wait and hopefully I will get something in the mail someday...

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

When I checked the NHTSA site the other day it said the notices would start going out on 6/2/04.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

It takes a while for the dealers to get the parts...and it is going to take months and months to produce enough stainless steel rails to retrofit all the cars in the field....be patient.

The 93/94 Northstars are not affected since the rail is inside the intake manifold. There will be no uncontained leak of fuel as it is inside the intake. Experience with those rails inside the manifold has been excellent as the rails are not subjected to the higher underhood temps of the external rails.

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Can they refuse to do recall work?... Because no caddy dealer likes to do the work on my engine. Something about a bunch of nitrous lines running across the motor. Anyone wanna take bets on whether or not they try to turn me away.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.