help please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, help please in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i have a 99 sts about a month ago i had water pump and thermostat install. the mechanic for some ...
    money12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Angry help please

i have a 99 sts about a month ago i had water pump and thermostat install. the mechanic for some reason put a new gasket on my throttle body. since that time i have had starting problems.the car cranks find when cold. when the engine is hot it is hard to start or want start. also my temperature gauge works find when the car is cold but when it is hot it will not move as usual. what do i need to do to correct this problem. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: help please

Hard hot starts are symptomatic of a leaky FPR. Check it out. Instructions are in the Tech Tips section.

thanks ranger i assume fpr means fuel pump regulator.new to the site. do i just click on tech tips

FPR = Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Yeah, just go down to the bottom of the page and click on the forum jump drop down arrow and then click on Tech Tips.

thanks Ranger I will give this a try this weekend. One last question will this also take care of my temperature gauge? when the car is hot and want start the gauge do not move. but when it cold it works find. also some time even after it cranks my heater do not work. do i need to go back into the throttle bottle to make sure i have good connections.

The FPR has nothing to do with the temperature gauge or the heater. Neither does the Throttle Body if that is what you are referring to by "throttle bottle".

thanks we clean out the throttle bottle this weekend and check the FPR. So far all of my problems seems too has eliminated. i really do appreciate you and this site.

tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

Ricky Ricardo

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.