Thermagasket Does It Work??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Thermagasket Does It Work??? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; There you go, again. You are NOT supposed to explain black magic and wizardry. .........the stuff is dirt cheap at ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Thermagasket Does It Work???

There you go, again. You are NOT supposed to explain black magic and wizardry.

.........the stuff is dirt cheap at Walgreen - we use it to seal woven silicate insulation tape on dry marine exhaust pipe.

MindyMaucelli is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Unhappy Re: Thermagasket Does It Work???

Quote Originally Posted by MindyMaucelli View Post
    I used it on September 23, 2010 and have driven thousands of miles already and not one time has it overheated on me. I was also skeptical, and so was my mechanic.. He actually LAUGHED at me.. Well, guess what... He just used it on a customers truck and was completely impressed. Especially after he and his employee's all laughed because I was going to use it. AWESOME PRODUCT!

And even if it only is a temporary fix, it sure has lasted quite a while, and if it happens again.. I will use the other half that I got.. BUY IT!

Email me if you have any questions. I am located in Kansas City..
    My email is my username at gmail
    Please stop emailing me. Here is my update-------> Thermagasket worked for ONE YEAR almost to the day, then it stopped working and head gasket breached again. My car is now JUNK. I have it listed for $1,000. and am willing to part it out. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANYMORE EMAILS, they will only get deleted.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

$1000 is too much to ask for a northstar with blown head gaskets unless it's really low miles and perfect condition
    $500 is better but you'd probably get that much taking it to a scrap yard

----------

especially with all that junk in the cooling system those parts will also have to be replaced (probably)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

There is no chemical on earth that will remove sodium silicate once it reacts and sets hard. The entire engine (block, cylinder heads, any part of the cooling system) is now unrepairable and is pure junk.

That's why the stuff was used in the "Cash for Clunkers" program - once in an engine for 1 day or 1 year - whether the crankcase or cooling system - the engine is trash.

daveyhouse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 deville D'Elegance 86 Fiero 2m4 / 86 Fiero GT W/SBC

At least Mindy reported back with length of time it lasted. Guess got lucky lasting that long huh?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

head bolts can take a long time to pull out
    i've heard of someone lasting over a year from when they found exhaust gases in the coolant until it was not drive-able
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by MindyMaucelli View Post
    Please stop emailing me. Here is my update-------> Thermagasket worked for ONE YEAR almost to the day, then it stopped working and head gasket breached again. My car is now JUNK. I have it listed for $1,000. and am willing to part it out. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANYMORE EMAILS, they will only get deleted.
    If you don't want to get email, don't post your email address and asked to be emailed "if you have any questions".
    ted tcb and ted tcb like this.

scott f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS/ 1994 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    If you don't want to get email, don't post your email address and asked to be emailed "if you have any questions".
    @ Mindy, Jeesh, What a sorehead!

Quote Originally Posted by scott f View Post
    @ Mindy, Jeesh, What a sorehead!
    ^^^ Probably not true. I would guess that she found out the hard way that you NEVER post personal contact information in a public forum. There is a lot of low-life scum on the Internet.

YOU post YOUR e-mail address and ask for feedback. Hang on to your sanity and address list.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

YOU post YOUR e-mail address and ask for feedback.
    Remember the old adage, Be careful what you ask for ....................
    JoeTahoe and JoeTahoe like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.