north swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, north swap in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I just like to know if a 94 eldo north could replace a 96 deville northstar. and if not what ...
    PhillyCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS

north swap

I just like to know if a 94 eldo north could replace a 96 deville northstar. and if not what would it take to do so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: north swap

94 intake manifold /head interface is different from 95/99. 95/99 NS would be the way to go. Need to use the intake manifold/throtle body from the 96.
    DaveC

I have a 96deville with blown heads and have 94 eldo wreck with good engine. this is why I ask. just trying to make things work if possible.
    If I swap intakes would that work.

DaveC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

96 intake will not work on the 94 engine. I'm not completely sure on this but I don't think the 96 wiring harness will work with the 94 intake. Maybe someone else can help on that issue. Also fuel rail connections could be a problem.

Lawrence is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Search for user "dloch". He is doing the same thing. You have to add holes to the 94 heads to use the 95+ intake, among other things.

dloch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You can't just swap the intakes from 94/95 to 96/97 engine. Here are the links to the information you are looking for. If you have any other questions I think I can help you out as I have done this... and you will have to have to drill and tap some additional holes, close the others but it can be done. I used the intake itself as a guide to do the drilling and longer than normal drill bit. You will also need to use a .409 drill bit to open the end holes since the intake gasket uses them as locating spots.

The electrical issue I can't answer just yet as I'm not quite that far yet. As a far as the fuel rail and the location of the connections some are different, it depends on what car the engines came from and are going into although you can swap that stuff from one to another, not a big deal.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=11408

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...8849#post88849

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=11015

Like said if I can help you out let me know.

well I just might be parting out the 96 deville if all that must be done. not sure yet. or maybe I might just do the head gasket. I rather not play to much with them.
    Thank you all for the info.
    If I part out, I will let you all know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.