1994 DeVille Concourse
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 1994 DeVille Concourse in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Appreciate your help: I have a 1994 DeVille Concourse w/a blown head gasket? It overheats in about 15 minutes, coolant ...
    cadijunkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

1994 DeVille Concourse

Appreciate your help: I have a 1994 DeVille Concourse w/a blown head gasket? It overheats in about 15 minutes, coolant reservoir smells like exhaust when I open the cap. I have a good running donor car 1996 deville, hit in rear. Was told I can't use the 1996 Northstar in a 1994? Comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: 1994 DeVille Concourse

Im not the mod for this forum, Junk, but all technical car specific Qs need to be put into the proper forum so that all can benefit from the replies. This post should go into the Deville forum.

F

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I'll go ahead and move this to the appropriate forum for you. And

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

I don't think you can use it. '94 is OBDI and '96 is OBDII. You can swap a '93 or '94. '95 would work I believe if you swap manifolds.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

No. OBDx is irrelevant. 1995-1999 will swap, other than the throttle body on the 95, which adds a throttle closed position switch. 1993, 1994 have a different EGR setup and will not work. The 94's engine has EGR passages machined into the head ports, the 1995+ does not. The 1994 has a whole EGR manifold plate thing, the newer engine does not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.