crank sensors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, crank sensors in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; 96 STS. are the connectors on the wire harness for the crank sensors the same? can you reverse them and ...
    stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS

crank sensors

96 STS. are the connectors on the wire harness for the crank sensors the same? can you reverse them and have no issues? i pulled my motor and when i plugged the sensors in, 1 felt ok but the 2nd seemed tight. the car runs fine and no codes. just wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: crank sensors

Seeing as there are two of them and they are designated sensor "A" & "B", I would suspect they should not be switched. As to whether or not they can, I don't know, but I would guess that they would have different connectors to prevent that.A FSM or a close inspection would tell.

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Re: crank sensors

Quote Originally Posted by stoveguyy View Post
    96 STS. are the connectors on the wire harness for the crank sensors the same? can you reverse them and have no issues? i pulled my motor and when i plugged the sensors in, 1 felt ok but the 2nd seemed tight. the car runs fine and no codes. just wondering.
    The upper connector will only go on the upper one. The lower will go on both.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.