Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Cylinder Head Reconditioning in Cadillac Engine Discussion; I am doing a head gasket and I have my heads off of my 98 N*. The car had been ...
- 09-13-07 02:25 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 98 Deville
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
Cylinder Head Reconditioning
I am doing a head gasket and I have my heads off of my 98 N*. The car had been sitting for about a year after the blown head gasket. The valves and seats look to be rusted. What should I have done to the heads, if anything?
- 09-13-07 09:14 PM #2Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
Re: Cylinder Head Reconditioning
Removed them before it sat so long. Hindsight is always 20/20 or better!
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Rain-X - Original Glass Water Repellent
Original Glass Water Repellent - 16 Oz.
- Stoner Invisible Glass - Premium Windshield Cleaner
Premium Windshield Cleaner - With Rain Repellent; 22 Oz. Trigger Spray
- Mechanix Wear - Original Insulated Glove
Original Insulated Glove - Original Insulated Medium