Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Cylinder Head Reconditioning in Cadillac Engine Discussion; I am doing a head gasket and I have my heads off of my 98 N*. The car had been ...
- 09-13-07 01:25 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 98 Deville
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
Cylinder Head Reconditioning
I am doing a head gasket and I have my heads off of my 98 N*. The car had been sitting for about a year after the blown head gasket. The valves and seats look to be rusted. What should I have done to the heads, if anything?
- 09-13-07 08:14 PM #2Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
Re: Cylinder Head Reconditioning
Removed them before it sat so long. Hindsight is always 20/20 or better!
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Star Bits Socket Set
Stubby Star Bits Socket Set - 10 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Star Stubby Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27 & T-30,3/8" Drive: T-40, T-45,T-47 & T-50
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set
Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set - 9 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Metric Stubby Hex Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm, 3/8" Drive: 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 18mm & 19mm
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key MM
Long Arm Hex Key MM - 9 Pcs Metric Long Arm Hex Key Set With Storage Container