"Low Refrigerant" & "A/C Compressor Off" B1348
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, "Low Refrigerant" & "A/C Compressor Off" B1348 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey now, I need some direction on my A/C system. Here's the history....bought 1997 STS used with A/C inop. Had ...
    bonno5id is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

"Low Refrigerant" & "A/C Compressor Off" B1348

Hey now,
    I need some direction on my A/C system. Here's the history....bought 1997 STS used with A/C inop. Had it checked and the front of the compressor was leaking. Changed the compressor, accumulator and orifice out. Seemed to work fine for a few weeks then I got a "A/C Compressor off" with the associated "Low Refrigerant". I took it back to shop put gages and it had proper charge, disconnected the battery and hooked back up and it worked for a while and it kicked off again.Did not know at the time about getting codes from the computer and erasing with climate control buttons. Did the battery thing again and it worked again for a while. Then it kicked off again, I then found out about getting the codes and found the " ACM B1348". Cleared the code to no avail. I replaced the "Low Pressure Switch" and cleared the code, removed the battery cable and it worked for a short period of time then kicked out again. Had the shop measure out quantity to ensure it did have the proper charge, 7 ozs. short. Leak checked the system changed o-rings on everything a a precautionary measure. Found "High Pressure Switch" along front fire wall stripped in the boss. Replaced line and switch and recharged system. Compressor would not kick in during charging. " A/C Compressor OFF and Low Refrigerant " and B1348 Messages. Did the Battery disconnect thing couple times and cleared codes. It finally kicked in and worked for 20 minutes or so down the street home and kicked off !! Got any ideas??? Thanks, James

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: "Low Refrigerant" & "A/C Compressor Off" B1348

Added info , just got into car A/C would not kick in during 10 min drive. Got in car to come home and A/C kicks in !! I left it run in the drive way for 20 mins. and it never kicked out. Also came on during the next 4 engine starts. Can I bypass the low pressure detection system???

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Sure, but you run the risk of destroying the compressor if it runs low on refrigerant.

it will be an alternative fix should I not be able to pin this intermittent problem down.

Just ran the car 50+ mile cycling the A/C on and off along the way and it worked everytime. It was night time, wonder if heat is an issue?

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Heat should have nothing to do with it. When you changed the compressor did you check the orifice tube for debris?

these componets have been replace ,compressor, accumulator, orifice,low pressure switch, high pressure switch and line at fire wall

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.