Norstar Leaking Enginer ...............CURE !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Norstar Leaking Enginer ...............CURE ! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Folks, I bought a 1994 Concours Caddy 3 weeks ago at an auction, 80K miles and in perfect shape except ...
    dvincent is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Norstar Leaking Enginer ...............CURE !

Folks,
    I bought a 1994 Concours Caddy 3 weeks ago at an auction, 80K miles and in perfect shape except ............

I got it home and noticed a severe leak at the rear main seal, once I regained my breath I started my research on the interenet for a cure.

All indications said I would be spending about 1800 dollar for pulling the engine and tranny and having the rear main replaced.

I found someone who pointed me in the direction of ebay for a Stop Leak solution, so I went to ebay, typed in stop leak in the search engine and came to one product that indicated it can do many things in the area of stopping leaks, I sent the owner of the company an e-mail and got a quick response back regarding thier experience with Northstar engines, so I figured lets give it a go.

I ordered the product on Friday evening and got it delivered Monday morning.

I poured it into the engine and started it, the engine went from a severe leak to drip dry in a matter of an hour. Now keep in mind my leak was so bad I decided to let it run for 45 minutes, shut it off for an hour to let the material soak into the seal then run it again.

Well as I said the process worked well, I took it to the car wash and wash off all the residue and proceeded to drive the car, gently but normal type driving.

48 hours latter I believe the product is the real deal and it works amazingly well.

At 15.00 dollars for a bottle I would certainly recomend it to all those owning Northstar engines as a seal conditioner to be used once a year during an oil change.

It sure beats the alternative which is 1800 dollars in service at the dealer for a rear main seal.

Everyone knows the Northerstar is a bad leaker, please spread the word about this product as this might be the one thing GM should have advised thier clients early on before the engine got such a bad rep.

Good luck Northstar owners

wag

Product name is:

Seal Lube - Seal Expander
    PH: 1-800-434-9192
    Company: New Technology International
    $14.95 a bottle
    would suggest you order 4 bottles and integrate it into your annual maintenance cycle's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kevinK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Norstar Leaking Enginer ...............CURE !

Really?

It sounds too good too be true.

Roswell256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I bet it is... it sound too much like an ad disguiesed as a post to me. Everyone is trying to sell something....lol. I could be wrong and I appologize if I am but thats just my opinion.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Yep....definitely sounds like someone trying to sell something.......LOL.

In my experience, miracles like this just do not exist. Either it is a joke to sell something, a very short lived "cure" or there are other serious drawbacks possible.

BTW.....since "rear main seals" themselves rarely leak it is hard to understand the logic of a "seal conditioner" causing a fix. The LCC joint that seems to garner the most attention rarely drips or leaks that badly...and even then the leak path is not something that a "seal conditioner" will necessarily cure. Hard to believe a "cure all" like this would really work. But I am sure someone will bite and try it.

JOHNNY Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Brake fluid causes certain types of rubber seals to swell but not to that degree. 45 minutes and a catastrophic type leak is gone?? If its true and it lasts for a while thats a score for you!!!! Just doesn't sound likely though.

STS
    STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

THIS IS TRUE!!! i use this in my car with every oil change and it works!

LMAO, umm, no.

Olds3.5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would never add brake fluid to my oil. As for Seal Lube being the "real deal", the post from dvincent (his first) does look a little bit like a sales pitch and makes me wonder he is the real deal or has some interest in selling the stuff. Does anyone else have any experience with this product? How did it work for you, STS?

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You forgot to mention your engine explodes 1000 miles after you use the stop leak

Olds3.5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

For that, you would need to add engine stop explode! All kidding aside, maybe there is something to it.

STS
    STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Olds3.5
    How did it work for you, STS?
    LOOL, read my post a little more closely.

cadsts93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

first post so bare with me - have just bought my second sts #1 is a 93 #2 is a 97 the -97 has a crank case leak (minamal) 2-3 oz per day if thish product really works so well please id the product for 15.00 $ i"ll give it a try. # 3 is an 03 avalanche2500 8.1 ltr

kevinK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down Re: Norstar Leaking Enginer ...............CURE !

Same sales pitch as BG44K? I bought some BG44K. It didn't do a thing for me.

dpsours is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, I checked out their web site. They do seem to market it as something of a panacea. Here's an excerpt:

"SealLube is a clear liquid which does not use particles of material (like radiator stop leak for example) to plug the leak.

"SealLube restores the flexibiliy, elasticity and tensile strength lost due to heat, age and wear.

"Since SealLube is harmless to all seals, it may be used again if the seal should ever leak in the future."

My N* has a small oil leak, and for my last oil change I tried Valvoline MaxLife. It's gotten worse. My guess is that this product may be similar to the "active ingredient" in MaxLife. Probably can't hurt, but I don't know if it'll help.

They DO say NOT to add it to brake systems, so it definitely isn't brake fluid.

I'm giving it serious consideration. Check out the web site and see what y'all think:
    http://newtintl.homestead.com/seallube.html

Dave

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

I a bit bothered by someone who posts just once, and it's an ad... I'm not totally determined to delete this post, but if I get 3 or more people who say "toss it" I will.

As for this "miracle cure" It claims all this; Here's a list of problems we can solve:
    Oil leaks
    Engine wear
    Cracked blocks, leaky radiators
    Transmission slip
    Fuel efficiency, increase power
    Clogged fuel injectors, carb jets

To me, that's a snake oil cure all. I mean come on, cracked blocks? Tranny slip? Cleans fuel injectors? I'm not going to delete the thread until I get some other people who suggest it, since it's not patently offensive.

Koz
    Koz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Doesnt it make you wonder? Why you bought a caddy and its leaking. You would think GM would learn how to make a gasket after the last 100 years.

Its not like they started building cars 12 years ago. And if you have a CADDy, Gm should back the car like its a Caddy, not just charge likes its a Caddy.The Northstar is good for a few 100 thousand miles BUT starts leaking at 60,000.
    Whats the deal?
    Come on GM this is your flag ship .Back it like it is. Be proud of your design , these are all engineering flaws. Get with it GM. GM stop laying these problems on your consumers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.