n*= @#$%^&*(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, n*= @#$%^&*( in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; **** em they suck.buy a chrysler....
    eldonova is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry n*= @#$%^&*(

**** em they suck.buy a chrysler.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Olds3.5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: n*= @#$%^&*(

Are you just making a statement or do you want a response? "They" are machines designed and made by humans, as are Chryslers. It's up to you to do your homework to get the "best" product for your money. Educate yourself, shop around. Caveat emptor - buyer beware.

Roswell256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I never liked chrysler. But if all Chryslers were as bad as the ones my parents have had they wouldn't be in buisness. So I'm sure they aren't all bad. but we sure got a couple of lemons.

Roswell

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Next time, put a specific gripe. I don't have a problem if you say something like this, and then support your arguement. But to just say the suck, buy a Chrysler, that's a waste of a thread. This thread is now locked.

I've been advised by the boss to give this guy a chance to back up his arguement. As I stated, if you say the northstar sucks, say why. I won't hold anyone's opinions against them, but you better be able to support your point of view.

JOHNNY Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey this is FUNNY!! Truth is (even if its not popular) the Northstar and all its technology was nothing short of a Nascar full race engine. More truth is that even today,10 years after its introduction it still continues to easily be one of the top 5 powerplants in the world. Yes it really is that good. Did you guys ever read the first page of some Cadillac owners manuals? It has a statement called "The penalty of leadership". It is a writing about how when someone,or someones accomplishments raise the bar and set a new higher standard that those persons are always the subject of attack by those who cannot acheive that high. Bottom line: When your on top the losers like to try and throw stones to reach you and knock you off. Since Chrysler has been taken over by Mercedes I don't see anything any better there at all. Now Fords merger with Jaguar has yielded some nicer consumer products than Ford would have had alone. But Chrysler just very seldom seems to get it right. The only recent nice car I can think of is the 300M. But still not a world class car like a Caddy DTS or STS.

Hey now, easy on Chrysler. I'm a die hard Dodge truck fan. The new Hemi motor is well done, though there's more hype than need be behind it IMO. The Cummins deisel is still the best deisel out. Duramax is nice, but it's still giving up power to a motor smaller, and with less cylinders. 305 horse may not sound like much from a 5.9, but 555 lb ft of torque at 1400 rpms is a lot. Chevy's duramax started with 300 horse, 520 torque from a 6.6 deisel. Recently they've squeezed it out to 310/590. But heard a Dodge ad yesterday claiming over 600 lb ft of torque, so I think they've asked for a bit more from Cummins. The motor has it, I have no questions on that. And the Cummins has a history of running for so many miles it's frightening. People often see 300k+ miles before they sell the truck for a newer one because of interior and comfort reasons. Seen the motors pulling with over a million before too.

Edited cuz of towing capacities. Dodge, 16,200 max towing from the Cummins. Chevy, 15,500. *bow*

JOHNNY Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nothing wrong(per say) with Chrysler. Just a matter of personal preferance. But you can't ignore the resale value of their products. They depreciate too much and too fast for me. I am of course talking about buying new. Now diesel is another ball game.If you are just buying an engine to run a piece of machinery thats different. But if the engine has to be in a vehicle than it becomes an all around pacakage that you need to live with. Ergonomics and design come into play as well as features that one brand may have vs the other that does not. Next comes HOW the truck handles the load--Not just that it can. Big difference here in towing and/or plowing snow. I know because I do both and I am not brand loyal.I welcome the competition to upstage what I have so that I can buy better in a few years.. So if a diesel has 10,20 30 horsepower less but the rest of the package of the truck does not appeal or work for you,then of course you should pass. Think about it if you were buying say a toaster oven and the salesperson said'This is the Chrysler of toaster ovens" you'd probably say Oh well what else have you got.

hankk17 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Eldorado x2; 99 Eldorado

This is what is commonly referred to as a "troll". He knows this forum is full of caddy enthusiasts.. without supporting his claim, he's just spouting off to illicit a response to his post and get people fired up over nothing..

And evidently it's working.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

well look at his logon , "eldonova"

apprently he has a 87 nova with a n* transplant , and he has done this at the age of 12 , nova , spanish for "no go" means apprently the n* has snapped the 87 nova's half shafts leaving him making vrrom vrrom noises infront of his trailer at the 8 and a half mile trailer park in southeastern alabama , all the while listening to alan jacksons redition of ice tea's cop killer

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Im not a fan of threads with no point.....anyone want to start a hemi vs N* topic, that would be cool, but not started like this. LOCKED

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.