Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Chuck C 
#1 ·
6 days with 2K eldorado and it has stalled twice on me. First time sitting at light, ( risk of being rearended.). The second time I was cruising down the road at ~40MPH and then shutoff. Anyone else have experience with a problem like this. Now I know why previous owner traded car in. I don't want to lose faith in this car so quick, I really like the look and confort. Car has 50K and just went over warranty.

#2 ·
You need to check the On Board Diagnostics, or OBD2 and see if its throwing you a code. If so let me know or email me and I can tell you how to pull it up and look up your code. If there is no code then i will have to go from there. Let me know if you need any help.

George

Attachments

#3 ·
Pulled the numbers and got PCM codes P0386 Crankshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance , p562 system voltage low, p1106 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor circuit intermittent high voltage and p1599 Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected. Dealer (Reliable Pontiac/Cadillac worked with me and determined it was the crank sensor and they are covering the fix for me. Actually having a history of working with this dealer is one reason I bought the car. They have always been very responsive and good to me before. Now I hope this is the end of issues and I can start to enjoy the car.

#5 ·
mine has started stalling week after dealer put in a new engine. I got it back they told me that it was the EGR valve getting stuck, it was good for a while but it started stalling again.

They told me that if it's a bad crankshaft sensor, it won't be covered under warranty. It sucks that every time i get the car back from this place my car will have another problem within 2 week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.