99 Deville Check Engine Light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 99 Deville Check Engine Light in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a 1999 Deville, I just replaced my air filter but I forgot to plug in the plug that ...
    KJE36610 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

99 Deville Check Engine Light

I have a 1999 Deville, I just replaced my air filter but I forgot to plug in the plug that is located on the air filter box. Now my check engine light is on with the codes P0113, P0440, and
    P1111 I have plugged the plug back in on the side of the air filter box. But the check engine light is still on... Did i mess something up by not plugging that plug back in?
    Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fubar569 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 82 fleetwood - 97 deville

Re: 99 Deville Check Engine Light

P0113 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

P0440 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System

P1111 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent High Voltage

----

follow the procedure in the sticky at the top of the list of threads (GOT CODES? LOOK HERE) to access the diagnostic mode for your DIC (digital cluster) - let it read back all the codes to you...then clear the PCM codes...

the IAT codes will likely not come back since you have plugged it back in, but the EVAP code...i would investigate further...after you follow the prcedure and clear the codes...i'm guessing all should be well...

MonzaRacer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

tip one if you did something to turn the light on and reversed it clear the codes, and make sure you didnt knock any vacuum lines off underhood and also double check your gas cap that can set some of the P044(X) codes.
    If the evap codes comeback double check for split deteriorated vacuum lines.
    Some times a AIT code will bring up other codes so it may be fluke good luck.

ok, today I have reset the codes and everything so far everything is fine.. No check engine light.... Thanks for the advice!!

CaddieNewbe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac Deville

Wink Re: 99 Deville Check Engine Light

Hello, KJE36610 - I'm new to this site. Could I ask you how long you've had your car and if you've had any serious problems? My wife and I looked at a '99 Deville over ther weekend that has the Northstar engine with 108K. The car's in excellent shape and drives real nice. It's a private sale and he's asking $5900. We're going to have our mechanic check out the car before we decide to purchase. I've briefly read some of the posts on this site concerning this engine. The ones about oil consumption and running the engine are of interest to me - if my wife drives this car only, it will set in the garage most of the time and see maybe 35-45 mph maximum because she doesn't do a lot of driving except for errands. We will take the car on vacations, but I'm wondering if I need to take the car to work occassionally so I can get it on the highway and run 65-75 mph for 20 minutes. Could you share your opinion with me?

fubar569 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 82 fleetwood - 97 deville

Quote Originally Posted by CaddieNewbe View Post
    Hello, KJE36610 - I'm new to this site. Could I ask you how long you've had your car and if you've had any serious problems? My wife and I looked at a '99 Deville over ther weekend that has the Northstar engine with 108K. The car's in excellent shape and drives real nice. It's a private sale and he's asking $5900. We're going to have our mechanic check out the car before we decide to purchase. I've briefly read some of the posts on this site concerning this engine. The ones about oil consumption and running the engine are of interest to me - if my wife drives this car only, it will set in the garage most of the time and see maybe 35-45 mph maximum because she doesn't do a lot of driving except for errands. We will take the car on vacations, but I'm wondering if I need to take the car to work occassionally so I can get it on the highway and run 65-75 mph for 20 minutes. Could you share your opinion with me?
    your car will soon suffer from "grandma syndrome" if thats all it will be doing. you run a high possibility of having cold carbon rap and you will see accelerated wear associated with short trips...

a northstar loves to be driven! you should beat the snot out of it once a week for good measure

I got my car Feb of this year, and I love it... Its a great car..
    I had to replace the water pump, but i did that before it caused any problems.. But overall its a good car... Fubar569 is right, when i first got the car I could hear the valves tapping. But since I have been doing WOT (wide open thottle) the car is super quiet, can't hear no kind of tap from the valves.. That really gets the carbon out..

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

That was not valves you heard. It was piston slap aka cold carbon rap. WOT is the cure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.