Accessing the OBD2 in your caddi
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Accessing the OBD2 in your caddi in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; If you dont know by now this is the correct procedure for accessing the On Board Diagonstics on your caddi. ...
    gspencer914 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lightbulb Accessing the OBD2 in your caddi

If you dont know by now this is the correct procedure for accessing the On Board Diagonstics on your caddi. This is really simple and takes very little time. First thing is to locate the two buttons on the right of the dash marked info up and down and the on/off button. Hold down the on/off button and push in the up or down arrow. Your dash will get really bright and you will be in the OBD. from there you can retrive codes and check status on all the systems. If you do it with the car not running you will see codes. Better to do it with the car running. You can also from this OBD remove codes where your service engine soon light or check engine light comes on. If you need a code defined just let me know I need the letter and numbers of the code and I can give you the problem. Any other questions let me know.
    Happy diagnosing
    George

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mnymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville STS
    Thanks for the tip. I did this on my 99 Seville SLS and received the following codes:

AMP U1064
    DDM U1301

What exactly do these particular codes mean? I looked up the definition to the codes on the internet, but they don't explain what the problem is or could lead to down the road.

Thanks

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    on/off button?
    does this apply to my 97 deville concours?

Originally posted by Devil_concours
    on/off button?
    does this apply to my 97 deville concours?
    Dont know. Do you have 3 buttons on the right side of your instrument panel? The right and left buttons will give you the same result.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mnymaker
    [B]Thanks for the tip. I did this on my 99 Seville SLS and received the following codes:

AMP U1064

DDM U1301

Before I get into these codes more in depth, was the car running when you pulled them?? If not please do it again and then see if they are still there. I know what they are and i can explain them just let me know

Yeah the car was running at the time I pulled them

Thanks

mnymaker,

Here goes. U1064 is Loss of Communications with DIM. Sounds pretty complicated Right.

Hereís the explanation. U1064 is a loss of communication with the Dash integration module (DIM). Itís in history. You can clear it and it might come back. Itís really just a code where the Body control module tries to communicate with the DIM. There are a number of reasons that it couldnít. 1 is something else was communicating at the same time the BCM was talking to the DIM. Also if the BCM was calibrating and the dim was performing another function this will throw the code as well. It doesnít become a problem unless it comes back again and again.

Hereís the other u1301 Class 2 BUS shorted to voltage.
    This code only sets if the B1982 or B1983 is not current in module memory. The module detects that the Class 2 serial data line is shorted to battery for at least 2.6 sec. Itís about the same as the last one. It takes 50 consecutive ignition cycles if the conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present. You can also clear this one and see if it comes back. If not no problems. If so then you'll need to take the car into the dealer for a Body Control Module test. Hope this helps if you have any other questions let me know.
    George

thanks.... I only cleared it once and it came back, but I havent cleared it again yet so I will try that and let you know

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    i just hit info into something that i can't reset. then press and hold info reset button for a little bit. It will tell me whether all monitored systems are working properly or not.

HOWEMOTORSPORTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

help..

can you help me with the AO10 code on my 93 sts with a N*. I have found nothing on it.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    That's your outside air temp circuit. It usually means the sensor is bad or disconnected. I believe on your car it's located behind the grille.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.