N* 25 Lbs Pressure Blows Radiator Seal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, N* 25 Lbs Pressure Blows Radiator Seal in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; It's my fault. Tested cooling system with new pressure test Kit. Multi Adaptors allow testing for many many diff models. ...
    C170B is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '64 Cpe Deville, '94 Concour,2012 Prius C, 2010 RAM 1500 red

N* 25 Lbs Pressure Blows Radiator Seal

It's my fault.

Tested cooling system with new pressure test Kit.

Multi Adaptors allow testing for many many diff models.

Takes a little reading to learn the unit.

25 Lbs of pressure listed as MAX. Above 25 Lbs is a NO NO.

I found one leaking hose at 22-25 lbs. Tightened the clamp and immediately had a BIG Stream leak at tank end of N* radiator. 23 -25 LBS was too much for the rubber seal to hold. Big stream leak. Radiator was 18 months old.
    Then I learn that the STANT technicians and most mechanics state never test the coollant system for any more than 2LBS above the Radiator cap stated pressure. A measly little 2 LBS.

I like to buy tools.

I am posting this not to advertise my ignorance but share w others so they can protect their radiators and engines from the uniformed.

It does not leak at normal operating temperatures but I can never trust this radiator.

regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MonzaRacer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: N* 25 Lbs Pressure Blows Radiator Seal

Hey if the Rad is new then just take it to local rad shop and get the tank recrimped. They may request to remove the tank and replace the seal but would prbably be a lot less than a new rad.
    and if they do dont be surprized as some will break off the original tabs and use an aftermarket crimp tab strip.
    The cor can handle 40 to 5 psi under core testing but the tanks/seals are kind of fragile in my book (but I have similar rad in my truck).
    AS for me if I ever get the Aurora 4.0 bought or the old lady down the road gives up driving her 38k 98 Caddy I will have that 4.6 but till then I am sstill working out things to put a N*/Aurora in a Monza body and drive it.
    BUT I fully intend to use Evans Cooling NPG/R coolant so I dont have to worry about cooulg as I wont use the stock ecu.
    Lee Abel
    AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.