02 Deville Overheating
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 02 Deville Overheating in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i KNOW THIS HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT A MILLION TIMES BEFORE BUT NONE ARE TOO SIMILAR TO MINE OKAY HERE ...
    THE VILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

02 Deville Overheating

i KNOW THIS HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT A MILLION TIMES BEFORE BUT NONE ARE TOO SIMILAR TO MINE OKAY HERE GOES I GOT AN 02 DEVILLE BEEN OVERHEATING JUST GOT A NEW THERMO AND NOW ONLY OVER HEATS WHEN DRIVING I COULD SIT IN THE CAR FOR HOURS IN PARK AND IT WILL STAY AT NORMAL TEMP BUT AS SOON AS I DRIVE IT WILL HEAT UP QUICK IF ANYBODY HAS ANY CLUE AS TO WHATS WRONG PLLEASE LET ME KNOW JUST FLUSHED THE COOLANT WITH TABS AND OIL CHANGE OH YEAH IF ITS OVERHEATING AND I PULL OVER AND REV THE ENGINE A LITTLE THE TEMP WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL PRETTY QUICK THANKS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx), '04 DTS & the witch driver gone.

Re: 02 Deville Overheating

Water pump drive belt, or belt tensioner, or both.

THE VILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So Pretty Much Easier To Replace The Whole Water Pump

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

No, just check the belt tensioner to be sure that it is not rusted at the pivot and not providing enough belt tension, thus causing the belt to slip and the pump to turn slower.

Caddys 32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville base

my 02 deville not over heating but just replaced the tensioner cuz it was make n knock n noise but it wasnt bad but bearings were make n some noise so it did need a new pulley. the main knock n noise was come n from the water pump, ordered it off line 4 $25 n free shiping so just wait n 2 get it then mec. put n it on 4 $110 sounds like a good deal said it will take like 2 hours 2 do. n im go n 2 have him put new thermastat on 2 while376302_234438636622538_100001692098104_572652_2101772682_n.jpg every things apart.

postman2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS 2000 Deville

My 2000 Deville was acting very similar..It would be fine if it was idling in park..But as soon as soon as I would start driving it would rapidly start over heating..Turned out that it was the head Gasket/ Head Bolt issue..I guess when idling the pressure wasnt enough for the engine to "pop its top" But as soon as I would get on it and drive it the overheating bells would go off and everything...Change engine oil message would come on..And by this time I had already replaced the radiator, radiator cap, overflow jug, water pump and belt, thermostat, radiator hoses, coolant sensor and I also cleared all my coolant purge lines..So my biggest fear had come true... I hope it is not your head gaskets..But I have come to realize with these motors hope for the best but expect the worse...Good luck..Check your coolant purge lines..it cant hurt..it may not help but wont hurt to do..

----------

Sorry..I just realized i responded to a 5 year old post...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.