Team Northstar Le Mans Prototype race car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Team Northstar Le Mans Prototype race car in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I was Googling for the new Forza Motorsports 2 and ran to this complete car list... http://forzamotorsport.net/news/anno...ts/carlist.htm There are three ...
    weister42 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan

Team Northstar Le Mans Prototype race car

I was Googling for the new Forza Motorsports 2 and ran to this complete car list...

http://forzamotorsport.net/news/anno...ts/carlist.htm

There are three cars from Cadillac(two CTS-Vs) and one is something that I've never heard of, the Team Cadillac Northstar LMP 2002. What is even more strange is that this race car is based on the 4.0 liter Northstar(L47) from Auroua. Only six were built, three went to France, two in the US and one was used as a testbed. More info here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Northstar_LMP

They also say that the 2002 prototyype is turbocharged and makes something like 580hp from the L47. The program was dropped so GM can focus on their Corvette race cars.

I wish they had a consumer version

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Team Northstar Le Mans Prototype race car

Thank God we have a Doug Fehan in Corvette Racing so that GM wins races in its class .
    The chances are pretty weak for a car like that picture to make a customer version out of it but GM should race in LM P1 class enough with Audi !

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

GM really makes sure no model is faster than the Corvette. For the price of an XLR-V I would think that it should be faster than a Vette.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by weister42 View Post
    I was Googling for the new Forza Motorsports 2 and ran to this complete car list...

http://forzamotorsport.net/news/anno...ts/carlist.htm

There are three cars from Cadillac(two CTS-Vs) and one is something that I've never heard of, the Team Cadillac Northstar LMP 2002. What is even more strange is that this race car is based on the 4.0 liter Northstar(L47) from Auroua. Only six were built, three went to France, two in the US and one was used as a testbed. More info here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Northstar_LMP

They also say that the 2002 prototyype is turbocharged and makes something like 580hp from the L47. The program was dropped so GM can focus on their Corvette race cars.

I wish they had a consumer version
    I remember seeing these things on the track. I believe the Aurora was used because of all the performance parts left over from the IRL days.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

weister42 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan

So where was the testbed for the L37 Northstars? I can't seem to find any info regarding its past before making it into our cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.