Nitrous Use on 96+ N* - got some ?'s
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Nitrous Use on 96+ N* - got some ?'s in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok, so i gathered the 93-95 guys easily run wet kits due to speed density... being a 97 i have ...
    fubar569 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 82 fleetwood - 97 deville

Nitrous Use on 96+ N* - got some ?'s

Ok, so i gathered the 93-95 guys easily run wet kits due to speed density...

being a 97 i have a MAF...and as most of them are its bolted to the throttle body...

the only semi-safe nitrous is a wet kit...(IMO)

now common sense says spraying fuel into my MAF just might be a bad idea...

those of you running wet shots from anything other than a direct port kit (basically single/twin or more fogger nozzles)...got any advice? i've thought of relocating the maf further upstream to allow for sufficient room for the nozzle to be installed between it and the TB...

would there be any downside to that? or are you guys just spraying right through the MAF with no issues?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Nitrous Use on 96+ N* - got some ?'s

just would like to keep this up close...i'm not finding much along the ways of pictures or anything describing how its done...other than alot of advice to go direct port...if i had a grand i would believe me...

these pics show very well the situation im in...with the MAF on the TB...i'd like to move it further away to make room for the nozzle

Raze is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger

PM wydopnthrtl, and search for his threads...

already been there, and got communicating with him via email...tons of wonderful information!

he recommended drilling the MAF housing which for stock would be fine, or he didnt think relocating the MAF further upstream would be a problem...i'd try to keep it as straight and smooth of a shot as possible though...dont wanna throw it off

wydopnthrtl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

As long as the MAF to TB area is sealed good you'll be fine IMO. Oh and as long as your not spraying on a sensor or plastic parts..

Rich

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.