1995 SLS cranking but not starting, code p035
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 1995 SLS cranking but not starting, code p035 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; A few days ago my mom's 1995 Seville shut down and hasn't started since. I've checked the codes and found ...
    rabnestic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Seville

Unhappy 1995 SLS cranking but not starting, code p035

A few days ago my mom's 1995 Seville shut down and hasn't started since. I've checked the codes and found P035 - PCM issue. Prior to this I checked the timing belt aok, spark aok, ICM aok - Has anyone out there had problems with the PCM?? If so how do you know, other than find it and replce the beast. Also, where is it?? HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fubar569 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 82 fleetwood - 97 deville

Re: 1995 SLS cranking but not starting, code p035

Quote Originally Posted by rabnestic View Post
    A few days ago my mom's 1995 Seville shut down and hasn't started since. I've checked the codes and found P035 - PCM issue. Prior to this I checked the timing belt aok, spark aok, ICM aok - Has anyone out there had problems with the PCM?? If so how do you know, other than find it and replce the beast. Also, where is it?? HELP!
    should be inside the airbox under the hood...
    check all of its connections, and make sure the memcal is seated properly...

upon doing so...if it fails to resolve the issue, i would purchase a reman PCM or find one out of a similar OBD1 equipped northstar seville and install...

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

P035 (E035) .......................... PCM reference low signal voltage Out of Range
    Check the battery voltage and cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    P035 (E035) .......................... PCM reference low signal voltage Out of Range
    Check the battery voltage and cables.
    thanks ranger for the clarification...i was going off from his description and didnt think to double check the code number...

I took the airbox completely apart and did not find this item. I did se a connector at the abs box which is directly under the airbox, but considered that tyo be abs related. As for the voltage, I'll check it, but the car hasn't needed a jump since it stalled on 3/31. I've been cranking it for numerous times over 2 specific days and it still cranks strong. Makes me think that the voltage is fine.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I think PCM on the '95 is still under the dash, near the glove box. I am not sure what year it was moved to under the air filter housing, but I think it was after '95.

Quote Originally Posted by rabnestic View Post
    I took the airbox completely apart and did not find this item. I did se a connector at the abs box which is directly under the airbox, but considered that tyo be abs related. As for the voltage, I'll check it, but the car hasn't needed a jump since it stalled on 3/31. I've been cranking it for numerous times over 2 specific days and it still cranks strong. Makes me think that the voltage is fine.
    though the PCM's connection to the battery could be bleeding power and that could be causing the issue...based on rangers code description...

zonie77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS

Do you have fuel pressure? If you do not have a pressure gauge give it a good shot of starting spray and see if it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by zonie77 View Post
    Do you have fuel pressure? If you do not have a pressure gauge give it a good shot of starting spray and see if it starts.
    BINGO Zonie77. Turns out to have been a bad fuel pump, eventhough I heard the thing priming. Thanks all for your help on this one!

You forum guys are great!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.