For those STILL interested in BORED TB's!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, For those STILL interested in BORED TB's! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; http://www.rvmorsemachine.com/index.html i just got an email back from Roy at the shop. The total price to do the northstar throttlebodies ...
    fubar569 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 82 fleetwood - 97 deville

For those STILL interested in BORED TB's!

http://www.rvmorsemachine.com/index.html

i just got an email back from Roy at the shop. The total price to do the northstar throttlebodies out to as large as each individual one will go will be 222.95 (spacer boring & shipping included) - for just the TB itself it is 189 plus 8.95 shipping for a total of 197.95.

I plan on sending mine in here within 2 weeks to be done...maybe sooner IF i can get my pistol sold off once its back from the BTPD...

for those wondering why its at the PD....just make sure when you display your pistol, make sure the chamber is empty before you pull the trigger and put it away...otherwise you might end up with a hole in your left hand...dont ask how i know this...i just know i dont plan on it happening again...

for those interested in buying it, contact me. its a 13 month old springfield armory XD subcompact 3" in 9mm caliber. comes with IWB holster, 10rd mag, 16rd mag, cable lock, hard case, factory plastic belt holster, and 9rds of 115gr FMJ target ammo...plus whatever else ican find for it. all factory papers and orig. test fire shell casing from SA will be included in the factory hard case.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darien99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: For those STILL interested in BORED TB's!

Well alittle late on my part. I had the guy who did my Dakota TB do a Caddy TB for me too. He's still workin' on it at the moment..

Odin8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 97 STS (retired), 05 STS4, black on black

Hm that's interesting. Does he need a core first to do it, or can you buy it and ship a core back after you get the bored one? Doesn't sound like too bad of a price, gotta ship it across the country though.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin8 View Post
    Hm that's interesting. Does he need a core first to do it, or can you buy it and ship a core back after you get the bored one? Doesn't sound like too bad of a price, gotta ship it across the country though.
    it requires you to either send in yours or for you to locate a spare to send in to be bored...he does not have them onhand...

Mountie is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '93 STS (sold), now looking for a CTS Wagon soon!!

When I replaced my North*, the 'new' used one was complete. I have a complete injection system sitting in my storage. Perfect condition. I don't know if I should save it, or sell it?

And would a bored TB make any noticable difference to my '93? My STS runs pretty good as it is.

Any thoughts?

Raze is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger

I have my spare TB off my 98 ETC I may be willing to part with

Quote Originally Posted by Mountie View Post
    When I replaced my North*, the 'new' used one was complete. I have a complete injection system sitting in my storage. Perfect condition. I don't know if I should save it, or sell it?

And would a bored TB make any noticable difference to my '93? My STS runs pretty good as it is.

Any thoughts?

a TB can be good for upto 10hp/10ft-lbs .... several dynos on stock 4.0's report back at least 5/5 on a stock motor. motors with other mods will see more...and we still have the extra .6L of displacement. we should see better numbers...

they should bde the same as eldorado1's 80mm tb...an average of 7hp and 10+ ft/lbs is what he claimed i believe

Ekindler0584 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 SLS (Diamond White)

I hate to sound like a retard... But what year N* are we talking about here???

On my 2001 SLS, the throttle body is part of the front (crankshaft?) cover...

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by fubar569 View Post
    they should bde the same as eldorado1's 80mm tb...an average of 7hp and 10+ ft/lbs is what he claimed i believe
    Not claimed - dyno tested. Although I think it was 6 hp and 10-15ft-lbs across the entire curve. It added a lot of area to the torque curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekindler0584 View Post
    I hate to sound like a retard... But what year N* are we talking about here???

On my 2001 SLS, the throttle body is part of the front (crankshaft?) cover...
    Probably 96-99. You're right, the 2000+ years have the throttle body mounting on the water crossover. It would take a lot of work to have a straight through 80mm path ($$$).

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado1 View Post
    Not claimed - dyno tested. Although I think it was 6 hp and 10-15ft-lbs across the entire curve. It added a lot of area to the torque curve.
    i knew i was close! thanks for chiming in bud!

Mountie is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '93 STS (sold), now looking for a CTS Wagon soon!!

Is there a dyno read out to view? The more interesting the curve, the more I am able to consider the expense, verses the worth. ( I only drive it on the street ) I have driven race cars - driving fast / agressive on the street is silly when you know the magnitude of the difference.

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

there are a couple intake manifold/tb/etc setups on ebay right now...as low as 70 buy it now...for those of you possibly looking for a core...and an intake to practice porting...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.