Intermittent '93 STS problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Intermittent '93 STS problem in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I've had my '93 STS for abt a year now, and love it. Until abt 3 weeks ago, the only ...
    sts93gt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Intermittent '93 STS problem

I've had my '93 STS for abt a year now, and love it. Until abt 3 weeks ago, the only issue I have had involved tires. I am going to list my problems and symptoms chronologically; hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.
    3 weeks ago:
    SES light came on intermittently. Pulled codes and got P041(Cam sensor)
    Came and went for abt a week, no other issues.
    2 weeks ago:
    Driving home from work, SES light came on,more or less as usual. Stopped for gas,and when I was done, the car would not start. Power everywhere,starter turned,just no fire. Pulled codes,got P041(H),P083(C).After abt 20 minutes the car started, and all was well. Since then, if the car is shut off when the SES light is on, the 20 minutes are required before it will start. Also, the idle speed has started to fluctuate, to the point that the car has stalled a couple of times.Also, my analog tach has stopped functioning.
    Last week:
    Started the car coming home from work.After abt 10 minutes of city driving, I got on an onramp to the highway and immediately after I got on the highway, the engine just quit. No backfire,just quit. Coasted to the side of the road and waited 40 minutes before it would start. More codes:
    P023 Electronic Spark Timing (EST) Signal problem
    P041 No Cam Reference Signal from Ignition Control Module
    P053 Distributor Signal Interrupt
    P081 24X Signal problem
    P095 Stall detected
    Yesterday:
    Left work again....see above. Car died in EXACTLY the same spot, with the same results. I might add, that the car is not driven all week. I am a trucker, and after parking on Monday, it is not moved until Friday.

Any Ideas?.....How can I diagnose this problem? Is it the ICM?....wiring.....CKM sensors...Cam sensor?
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks,Glen

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Intermittent '93 STS problem

Re: Above
    That code should be P083 24x signal problem

Re: Intermittent '93 STS problem

Just got some new codes:
    P030 ISC RPM out of range
    P035 PCM reference low signal voltage Out of Range

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.