Anyone Here from New England?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Northeast Discussion, Anyone Here from New England? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Hey if anyone here is from new england, let me know, i may have seen your caddy around....
    RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Anyone Here from New England?

Hey if anyone here is from new england, let me know, i may have seen your caddy around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Anyone Here from New England?

yep....i'm right near Lowell MA
    i see your from Amherst NH? I've bought fireworks at Aladdins (Right near the Wal Mart) for the past few years....lol
    I have family up in Wilton....so I go through there pretty often...

aladdins kinda sucks, you need to go to hookset for the real stuff. Your shitty town, wouldn't reimburse me for when my car spun out on unsanded ice and hit a t pole
    what street you live on?

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I live in Pawcatuck, CT but I used to live up in Portsmouth, NH.

Portsmouth is a nice place. Pretty good nightlife for new hampshire.

robrr2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Im form central Mass. but work south of Boston.. so if ya saw me, it was on the mass pike or 128 (aka the 7th level of hell)

should get all of us Noreasterners together once the weather is nice and has a meet up.

The_Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980 Coupe deVille, 1996 SLS

Lightbulb Re: Anyone Here from New England?

Howyadoin,

Salem, Mass. checkin' in!

I sent up a trial balloon about a New England meet on caddyinfo, but there didn't seem to be much interest unfortunately. It could be a really cool thing. Maybe a meet near N.E Dragway, followed by a little 1/4 mile de-carbonizing treatment? Or not, maybe a nice park or something with a picnic ground... Swap parts, swap ideas, swap B.S., whatever... There's a lot of options available, but now would be the time to start planning because the good places get booked early. If we could get say 10-20 people, that would be fantastic.

Whaddyathink? Even if you think it's a crappy idea, say so. I work with musicians, I'm used to criticism

robrr2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talking Re: Anyone Here from New England?

100% great idea.. and Im in.

NH isnt a bad idea.. but probably want to see what everybody else thinks. but either way. lets do it up.

on edit..
    may want to start another thread on this.. no reason to hijack this one. even if our intentions are good.

hankk17 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Eldorado x2; 99 Eldorado

Yep - from Woburn here.

And if anyone knows of a mid-late 70s Eldorado or Coupe DeVille for sale, PLEASE let me know..

I've owned 8 Caddies so far and am always looking for the next project.

'78 Eldorado Biarritz (Sweet, sweet car - I want another)
    '77 Coupe DeVille
    '78 Coupe DeVille
    '82 Coupe DeVille
    '82 Eldorado
    '83 Couple DeVille
    '86 Fleetwood Brougham (my current project car)
    '99 Eldorado (non ETC) my current every-day car

Definitely post anything pertaining a meet if you guys come up with a plan. We're getting into good weather (finally).. I've never taken a car onto the track up in Portsmouth.. that could be fun =)

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Hey Guy!

Another local here (wista'). We should start a local/regional (support group!)lol
    Keep me posted on any meets. I was going to bring up the idea for the SummerNationals, that they hold here every July.
    But sooner would be good too! We seem to have quite a few within (100-75 mi) radius.

Paul

The_Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980 Coupe deVille, 1996 SLS

Thumbs up Re: Anyone Here from New England?

Howyadoin,

I took a look at NE Dragway's website, and their "Street Nights" are Wednesday and Friday nights. Gates open at 5PM, racing from 6-10PM. I would figure Friday to be the better night for all concerned. Any weeknight is going to be tough for people, especially those further away.

If you really want to get heinous, we could go to Hudson Speedway on a Sunday afternoon or evening (depends on the time of season) for the 1/4 mile oval "one-on-one spectator drags". These can be rough-and tumble sometimes, but they are an absolute blast! The run to Turn 1 can be an adventure... Gotta bring a helmet, a registration and have working seat belts, that's about it... If we talk to the track owners we might be able to have our own bracket, so to speak, and just run each other in eliminations. There's also Star Speedway, right next to NE Dragway in Epping, NH, they run Saturdays I think... Star's nicer than Hudson for facilities and such, Star and Hudson are both owned by the same guy last time I checked...

How about a potential date, like Sunday, July 18th at Hudson or Saturday, July 24th at Star? If we get enough response, I can talk to the track management about having our own bracket. Some sponsorship money (nudge nudge) would grease those skids a bit, too. Money talks, and some guaranteed income for the track instead of just my promising a big crowd would make life easier.

Any thoughts? We could have a meet prior to going to the track, or just meet at the track. There's a grass parking lot area up a hill from the track that's not bad, but it can be dusty, and I'm sure people will want to show off their rides before they get dusty, right? There's a shopping mall right off the exit from I-93 for Hudson (exit 4, FYI) with burger joints and such, nicely paved. That might work...

So that's my $.02 for the moment... Comments?

[Boston accent]Tauktame![/Ba]

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Hey if anyone here is from new england, let me know, i may have seen your caddy around.
    Representin' Framingham,MA If ya seem me around town say something. I will also be going to N.E Dragway this spring to race my caddy, planning on racin with my stock intake and then another run with my 100% custom intake in the works as we speak. Hopefully some improvement. I go to the dragway about once a week or as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by robrr2000
    Im form central Mass. but work south of Boston.. so if ya saw me, it was on the mass pike or 128 (aka the 7th level of hell)

should get all of us Noreasterners together once the weather is nice and has a meet up.
    128 which is now going to be called 95 cause of your jackass governer. I love mass drivers, rock on.

Sorry i've neglected this thread, i've been pretty busy. Im looking to get someone to cut out the old apron on my caddy which is pretty crunched in and weld a new one in. I figured some of you guys may know about it, cause its hard to find cadillac enthusiasts in the area. I remember when i used to get made fun of at my school for driving a "grandpa car" (till i showed them how much power it has =) ) but im slowly gaining more respect, and i want to get her back on the road. Once i get her running once again, i'll try to get something going at the Dragway. I wonder how much it would cost to get Loudon for a day? Wishful thinking. Imagine a caddy race? Keep this thread alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedingpenguin
    yep....i'm right near Lowell MA
    i see your from Amherst NH? I've bought fireworks at Aladdins (Right near the Wal Mart) for the past few years....lol
    I have family up in Wilton....so I go through there pretty often...
    Hey the ******* people in your town recked my car!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.