Anyone Here from New England? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Northeast Discussion, Anyone Here from New England? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; My catera is green Saab-works or whatever its called? the hand painted black and white sign out front? Yep......my aunt ...
    Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Anyone Here from New England?

My catera is green

Saab-works or whatever its called? the hand painted black and white sign out front? Yep......my aunt got her latest car from that guy i think......

www.newenglanddragway.com if you need directions
    Again, I wont be able to attend any 'meets' until after June 22 at least (Get my licence then....the caddy currently isnt running)

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

why isn't it running?

well it runs....but oil is leaking out of the valve covers so i gotta replace the valve cover gaskets....gotta get a new battery.....thats mostly it (As far as I know...havnt driven it more than down the street these past few months cause its not registerd or got plates or anything)
    Actually the other day i hit the .4 mile mark since november :-) haha

hankk17 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Eldorado x2; 99 Eldorado

Hey you new englanders! do any of you know a reliable non-dealership caddie mechanic who won't charge me an arm and a leg to fix stuff?

I've been chasing a rough idle now for several months with no luck. I'm about at the end of my rope and am very nearly ready to call it quits and give it to someone to fix it... but the thought ot handing it over to a dealership scares me.

let me know your thoughts! I'm in the Boston area, but will go pretty far to get this resolved.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hankk17
    Hey you new englanders! do any of you know a reliable non-dealership caddie mechanic who won't charge me an arm and a leg to fix stuff?

I've been chasing a rough idle now for several months with no luck. I'm about at the end of my rope and am very nearly ready to call it quits and give it to someone to fix it... but the thought ot handing it over to a dealership scares me.

let me know your thoughts! I'm in the Boston area, but will go pretty far to get this resolved.

thanks!

I'm immediatly gonna call an IAC valve problem :-D
    had a horrible idle problem with my Catera, dealer said it was the IAC valve, so i did as much research as i could (theres not much info on them!), and rebuild it myself...it idles fine now :-D
    I'm not sure about with your engine, but if you can tell me if the engine in your car has the IAC valve i could help ya out (you could EASILY rebuild it yourself....that is, assuming you own a flathead screw driver and one or two hex-wrenches :-D

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Hey, 90devilleguy, do you do autobody? If you do maybe you can help me, as you can see what sorry shape my deville is in.
    sorry man i don't do body work

Quote Originally Posted by CADDYBLACK99
    I love Kimbals! Let me know which nights for Kimbals and the other one. Only 45 minutes (or less!) from Worc. SOunds do-able. We have Friday-night cruzin' at Heberts in Shrews. Starts ?
    :coolgleam
    hey you should shoot down to framingham riley's is a great place to see alot of nice cars and plus i work across the street from them and see the cars every saturday night when it gets nice out. my friend's dad goes to hebert's with his car, 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 door blue with white accent with a 383 Stroker motor in it, i'm sure that you must have seen it before up there. that car is awesome, can you say "got balls?"

Quote Originally Posted by Speedingpenguin
    I'm immediatly gonna call an IAC valve problem :-D
    had a horrible idle problem with my Catera, dealer said it was the IAC valve, so i did as much research as i could (theres not much info on them!), and rebuild it myself...it idles fine now :-D
    I'm not sure about with your engine, but if you can tell me if the engine in your car has the IAC valve i could help ya out (you could EASILY rebuild it yourself....that is, assuming you own a flathead screw driver and one or two hex-wrenches :-D
    Go see my "me=moron" post in North* tech info..

Put simply, I changed my plugs and it fixed it.. duh

Thanks for the offer though! Now - all that's left is to change out my struts.. fix my BCM and track down the frickin creaky springs I have in the rear end, and the car will be just as good as new

Quote Originally Posted by 90devilleguy
    hey you should shoot down to framingham riley's is a great place to see alot of nice cars and plus i work across the street from them and see the cars every saturday night when it gets nice out. my friend's dad goes to hebert's with his car, 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 door blue with white accent with a 383 Stroker motor in it, i'm sure that you must have seen it before up there. that car is awesome, can you say "got balls?"
    Bill&Bob's in Woburn on Rt 38 have classic cars on Wednesday evenings.. some gorgeous cars show up there too..

I cant wait till the Caddy is ready for the road (And i get my licence)
    It shall be fun to be able to go to all the cruise nights i can :-p haha

Going to NE Dragway Tomarrow afternoon, gonna race the caddy.i will post results tomarrow night.

Work on the caddy starts monday. My goal is to take the hood and fender off, bend out the apron, but fender and hood back on. Tuesdays goal is to put the axle back together. Thursday's goal is to put the new control arm, if i have it, on and replace the axle. All i need from here is a rewired headlight, a new hood and fender and i should be dandy.

results from epping, first run 16.6 @81.5 Mph second run 18.7 @79.3 Mph, i launced wrong on the second run, first run was good with a little wheel spin, if i had lo-pro tires i probably would have run a 16.4 or less maybe. will see next time up i'll have the intake complete and see how much it improves then.

Hey my deville is up for sale. 2500, trade, obo. Spread the news. Thanks a bunch guys.

awww, no more caddy for you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.