Cadillac Owners Forum banner
10K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  Black Sunshine 
#1 ·
Anyone between Kingston and Albany? I think this topic should be moved higher on the board. It should NOT be the last thing.

#2 ·
Is anyone in the area planning to attend the GoodGuys show in Rhinebeck, NY this year. It's September 15, 16, 17.

Details Here

#4 ·
It is a great show. Sorry to hear you're so far away. I hope I can make it myself. Something always seems to get in the way of car activities.

#6 ·
Well that's a little ways away. I'm in Catskill but I'd be willing to participate. What did you have in mind.

#7 ·
Anyone else in the area? I want a Cadillac club so bad around here and there's just no one to participate. I hate always being the one to drive 3 hrs for a meet.

Any ideas on how to get the word out? Things to say?

#9 ·
I live in Albany. Not exactly in the valley, but not on the Moon either.

#15 ·
You're pretty far south of us. I'm still willing to have meets but you may be better off joining you're local chapter as well.

#14 ·
Oh look, we actually have some interest in this now.

Well hello gentlemen. All of you sound like you're well within the region.

You know what I've found, the best thing to do if you ant to meet, greet, and hang out with other car guys is to join the local Cadillac - LaSalle chapter and participate. It's the best thing I've ever done as far as car club go. They're serious, they're active and they take everyone else seriously.

It's well worth the time and effort.

If you guys want to meet and hang out some night or something that's fine too but since you're all in the Albany area anyway you'd really bet better off investing the time in a real club. The club is based out of Schenectady I think and the weekly / monthly meetings are in Latham.

More info here http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=nycapdistcadlasalle

#17 ·
Really? Any phone numbers available? If you can't get in touch with anyone locally call the national club and ask for help.

They're pretty serious from what I've seen and unless the chapter has been dismantled, they're responsible for keeping info current. I know my local guys take it very seriously. I get regular news letters and emails about upcoming events, meetings, shows, meets etc.

#18 ·
I'm not from the NY area really, but since I see you're involved in the Cadillac Lasalle club for your area, maybe you can tell me this. It seems they have a serious emphasis on or majority of very old cars, going by the pics I was checking out at my local chapter. How true does this seem to be? What approximate percentage of the cars are like, pre-80s? Just wondering because I am much more familiar with 80s and beyond Cadillacs, so I'm wondering if the club is right for me. Thanks.

#19 ·
King Steve. I'm in the same boat as you are. My guys also focus on the old timers, however, when I asked about that situation they assured me that everyone was welcome.

I showed last year at their annual meet and I would say out of the 20 - 25 cars that showed, there were 5 - 7 newer than 1980. There were some late 70's stuff as well as cars back to the mid 50's

So from what I can tell it's just worked out that way but don't be scared to get together with them. Most of the time you'll have the opportunity to attend a few meeting to meet the people and see what the club is all about before making any commitments.

My chapter is a great bunch of guys and I was definitely welcomed to the club.

#24 ·
Man.....

Go to Rino's pizzeria in the Cherry Hill plaza (across from the "new" stop & shop) for me please.

Reading this whole thread sends me back to NY, just hearing all the towns again etc.... I spent the first 18yrs of my life there, and I've been away coming up on 4yrs now. I don't think I'll move back up there, atleast not in the foreseeable future, but it'll always be real home to me.

#26 ·
Cool, yeah I had heard that they only made a handful of 88's which didn't make sense to me since I have seen so many over the years. I have the SPID label from the spare tire cover, as well as the build sheet from the trunk lid (common location in both GM E/K bodies) and both show YP6 with all the STS goodies..It's the real deal. We all need to get together sometime! Hopefully my 5 speed Eldo will be done by next fall. I am sick of driving an auto! lol
Steve

#28 ·
#29 ·
I live not far from OTTO I'll definitely have to swing by and check it out. like i said mine is nothing great, but she's not junk either. thanks for the links too, soo many show i didn't know about. what i really hate is living where i live is all the wanna be street racer gather on washington and end up ripping down my road as well.. ugh.

#30 ·
I understand your frustration, that's why I joined the club.

No one passes judgment on normal daily drivers. Some of the guys show up in very nicely restored classics and some show up in well driven unmodified cars. They're all cars, they're all Cadillacs and it's about the love of the game.

Bring what you have, consider joining the club, you'll have a great time. Ironically enough, I just took over managing the clubs website

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=nycapdistcadlasalle

For various reasons the site has been neglected for the last 3 years and it needs a lot more work but you'll find up-to-date information about some goings on around the area.

#31 ·
Anyone here going to the Good Guys show in Rhinebeck ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.