New Jersey or Anyone Close Enough to Smell it..... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Northeast Discussion, New Jersey or Anyone Close Enough to Smell it..... in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Tuckerton is exit 58 on the parkway. Its kinda in the southeast borderish. takes about 2 hours to hit the ...
    It's Just Eric is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: New Jersey or Anyone Close Enough to Smell it.....

Tuckerton is exit 58 on the parkway. Its kinda in the southeast borderish. takes about 2 hours to hit the new york border. Less if you dont drive it like its a Cadillac. lol
    Quick mapquest link to see how hard it would be for you to attend right.... HERE!
    The park is actually located right across from the road labled "Sea oaks drive" thats actually a golf course. The park is new and has bathroom facilities, as well as barbecue pits and picnick tables. and for any kids that happen to be around, theres a little bit of a play ground. Hell, if ya wanna even go on a little nature walk, I know all the trails in the area(Theres a bunch right behind the fields that they actually half buldozed to make the park)Theres also baseball, soccor, football, and hockey fields nearby. Best part is..its virtually abandoned the whole time, and I cant figure out why.
    It would make a pretty good place to meet I think, but people may have trouble getting there, being its a little bit out of the way for people that arent actually IN new jersey. Post here or send pms or something if your intrested at all, mabey we could get a head count or something, or if anyone else has a good place to meet they can toss in their input.
    -Eric

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmd
    MSU or Will on the Hill?
    Metal Mistress??
    I'm a Will on the Hill alumni.

I'm in NJ, too. Just southeast of Dopestar.

Jim

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy
    I'm a Will on the Hill alumni.

I'm in NJ, too. Just southeast of Dopestar.

Jim
    I checked out your web site. Nice work getting the DTS together. How long did that take? They teach you that at Will?

I checked out your web site. Nice work getting the DTS together. How long did that take? They teach you that at Will?
    Nah, I have a bachelors degree in marketing from Will. I think it took me about 4 months of random nights and weekends to clean the Caddy and put it back together. It's all a blur now, but it was basically a winter project. I put it on the road in March of '05, but it was done before that. There was a snafu with the title work.

Jim

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

MSU or Will on the Hill?
    Metal Mistress??
    Will on the Hill. Yet there's little difference between the two.

Yes, Metal Mistress...

It'd be cool if we could get a place that would allow the cars on the grass so we could make a nice line up. I have a good idea where Tuckerton is, I'm getting very well acquainted with the Passaic County area of the state since I spend so much time up there. (Caddyless in a white Chevy) We'll have to get a count and some locations and try to pick a midpoint, someplace where it's not like 5 minutes for someone and 2 hours for someone else. I wonder if we'll catch NightWolf in the area since I think he intends to come back up here from Florida in the spring to get his '79 Sedan de Ville. That'd be sweet.

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Hell, down here in Salem County, most people DRIVE their cars on the grass, much less just park them in a row to admire.. lol

I could probably show up given enough notice. The middle of the state is good for me, but I have no problem if we weight the choice by number of attendees, so to speak. If 85% of the chimers-in live North of I-195, then it's only fair to meet north of that division.

It's Just Eric is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah, Might be smart to do it a little more north than tuckerton. If this meet is taking place come summertime, Im sure we'll have plenty of time to work stuff out. Like everyones prettymuch saying,inportant thing to do first is figure out about how many people are going to attend and try to find a central point from there. Id personally have no issues driving 2 hours to a meet...but my car might Ill have to get to work if I plan on making it to any meets.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

I'm in Mahwah, NJ. Probably about 25 minutes from Clifton actually. I'm out of school for a month, so I've got plenty of time to go anywhere in Jersey.

Pretty sweet. I'm sure there are planty of prime locations in the fine garden state to host a meet. What about NEWARK?! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    I'm in Mahwah, NJ. Probably about 25 minutes from Clifton actually. I'm out of school for a month, so I've got plenty of time to go anywhere in Jersey.
    Cool! I have to go to court in Mahwah on Tuesday night. God forbid someone try to drive a reasonable speed on Rt. 287. WTF are they doing out there anyway? The state po-po are supposed to patrol that.

Anyway, I vote for a northern NJ location myself if it appears a lot of us are up this way.

Jim

Sweet. I'll start looking at locations and posting them for review.

Sounds like a plan to me..hehe.

turbojimmy, 287 does suck quite alot. I live right at the end of 287, just before it meets Route 17, and then turns into the NYS Throughway, which heads towards the Tappan Zee. If your taking 287 up to Mahwah, you have to kind of make this werid turn around. You get of the exit, and it take you along this service road that goes past the SHARP complex, before making a 180 degree turn and doubling back in the opposite direction. It then merges back onto a 6 lane road which branches off to 287, and 17 S. Just stay to the left and you be good. I think the exit for the Courthouse is just before the Fed Ex building. If you miss that, take the exit for McArthur BLVD. Once your through the light, you just go up the road, and make your first right (I think there's only one road before the next light?). Anyway, the courthouse is like right down that road. I live about a half mile further up the road..hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    Sounds like a plan to me..hehe.
    turbojimmy, 287 does suck quite alot.
    Thanks for the directions. I was headed north and got nabbed just before the Rt. 17 exchange coming down a hill. In a fit of insanity I floored the DTS to break out of a clusterf*ck created by some idiot driving 5-under in the left lane. I had unplugged the radar detector so that I could plug in my satellit navigation unit. I got nabbed going 84 in a 65 (good thing I had slowed down . I really thought the guy was going to cut me a break, but he threw back my NYPD PBA card and handed me a fat ticket.

I'll get to see him again Tuesday.

Jim

Hehe...back when I had my Mustang, I also got a ticket coming back from White Plains for a meeting for work. I was coming off the Rt17 s exit from The NYS throughway, when a cop sitting just under the overpass as you merge onto Rt17 got me doing 78 in a 55. Being that I was driving the Mustang, it didn't really help my case when I tried to explain to him I had to get back to my store to close it, but oh well....what can you do. Unfortunetly, at this point in time I had not yet invested in a good radar detector yet. That need came when I got the STS.

Moving along, does anyone have any ideas where or when this meet my take place? Hopefully sometime before late December, because I'm heading down to Orlando for school, and won't be around. Although, I'll now be able to hang out down there with everyone, so it's still a win win situation I guess.

newetc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldo

Thumbs up Re: New Jersey or Anyone Close Enough to Smell it.....

Now that i'm in Fla i can no longer attend meets up there... hope you guys have fun.. get some nice pics..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.