New England Meet RSVP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northeast Discussion, New England Meet RSVP in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Ok, the New England meet we have been discussing and voting on is going to take place on Sunday, August ...
    King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

New England Meet RSVP

Ok, the New England meet we have been discussing and voting on is going to take place on Sunday, August 2, 2009 in Groton, CT. The plan is for everyone to meet first at the 99 Restaurant in Groton around 5pm, and afterwards head over to the nearby Eastern Point Beach where we will plan to take some scenic pics of the cars. We would like to have everyone who plans to attend RSVP here by July 30th so we can have an expected number, and if it's a high number, inform the manager at the 99 ahead of time. So, if you plan to attend, whether you voted or not, please RSVP! Thanks...looking forward to meeting up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: New England Meet RSVP

I can't make it to this meet but wanted to throw in my perspective to the event.

A Sunday meet is OK but it really needs to be late morning/early afternoon. 5PM on a Sunday is going to limit you to those only close-by and the few diehards who may be willing to stay up late on a work night.

Trying to get a bunch of people to meet at a sit down restaurant is going to be difficult because many like a location where they can scram if they feel uncomfortable with other attendees. An RSVP to a meet will discourage many who want to go but just aren't sure. And those who can go at the last minute may feel they're unable due to not having RSVP'd. Plus, many just want to go and chat and don't want to worry about ordering food.

The scenic point is nice. But you should do that first or find a place that you meet, hang out, go to eat, and then come back.

Not trying to slam you on trying to get something together. I'm just trying to honestly tell you how I personally would feel if I was trying to attend.

Sometimes, an impromptu invite to a meet at a Drive-in or some sort of attraction with a parking lot on a Saturday afternoon gets you the best turnout.

I wish you luck...

rdesmarais is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Big Steve, My name is Ray Desmarais I am the Operations director for the 99 Restaurant in Groton and we would love to accomadate your group. If you end up getting a large group please feel free to call the General Manager Jim Erickson He can go over a special menu that we use for bus tours at a discounted price they would only need about a days notice. The restuarant # is 860-449-9900 or feel free to email me directly at Rdesmarais@99restaurants.com We appreciate you thinking of us as your choice to dine. Thank You

King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

Jim, thanks for your input. I think a lot of what you said is pretty insightful. For those of us who have never done anything like this before, we can definitely take some stuff from this.

I personally wouldn't mind switching things up quite a bit if it would get us a bigger turnout and allow people to enjoy themselves a little more. What does anyone think about moving this to earlier in the day, like Jim suggested. For instance, we could meet at the park at noon or something like that, and then do something from there?

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

I am down with anything. Just remember it will be $20 to get into avery point. Unless you want to meet somewhere else, like a free park. I am not sure about what is in Groton as for parks. But I know one in Montville which is right off of I-395. The name of it is Fort Shantok. They even have grills there that we can cook in. So if we do this, which I much prefer now after what Jim had said and after the fact that we don't have any one signing up. Steve, if you agree then make a new thread up with the following headline. "NEW meeting place for 8/2 meet, park with a just show up." Or something to the fact that it will be at a park with a come whenever. Best part, it shouldn't be that crowded at this park.

KOT

mike g stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 stsv

Put me down for two people and one car.Any time is good with me

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Wow, what a small world. I just sent Ray a PM stating that I personally know Jim Erickson. Worked with his wife for a number of years. I just didn't want to mention his name on the web and stuff.

But I am up with anything. If people are willing to place how many people, how many cars and which place. 99 or Fort Shantok park in Montville. I will still go to either one. Just to let ya'll know, there is a bowling ally right across the street from 99 if we need to use that parking lot or what not.

Thank you for chiming in Ray

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.