New England Meet 8/2/09 Location Poll
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: We seem to agree on somewhere near or in Mystic, CT. What type of place do we want?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Park

6 50.00%
  • Track

4 33.33%
  • Dyno

2 16.67%
  • Dealership

2 16.67%
  • Bar/restaurant

6 50.00%
  • Something else (suggest if you want)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Northeast Discussion, New England Meet 8/2/09 Location Poll in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Ok, well I was hoping to get some more suggestions as to where we might have this, but for now ...
    King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

New England Meet 8/2/09 Location Poll

Ok, well I was hoping to get some more suggestions as to where we might have this, but for now I'll go with what's already been suggested. Feel free to suggest other ideas, but please at least participate if you're planning on going to the meet, so we can reach the best conclusion. Looks like 8/2 was by far the most selected day, so I'm assuming that's when we'll have the meet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New England Meet 8/2/09 Location Poll

And check more than one if you want, but try to check what you would prefer most, or at least comment about which one you prefer most.

guys I may have had the settings on the poll where you can't see who voted which places...I didn't mean to have it like that...hope it doesnt cause too much confusion..

shishcubob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Eldorado

i know there was a laser tag place in mystic. That would be a great place to meet up at if im right about it.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

I honestly don't know of a laser tag in Mystic, doesn't mean there isn't one. But I do know there is one in Waterford, Ct. The parking lot of that place also has car audio place that has a real good rep in the area.

Here is a list of parks in Connecticut. I have to get ready for work right now, so I didn't have time to look over to see which one would be best for us.

http://www.visitconnecticut.com/curr...nies_list.html

KOT

jkstop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

If you guys want to relocate it to NJ I work for the Park Commission... we could have it at Mercer County Park... it has 2500 acres and a load of places that would fit us along Lake Mercer for some good pictures... let me know, either way im down to go.

What would you be able to offer? As far as commendations or what not.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

KOT

jkstop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I don't have anything to offer except a place to meet. We'd only be thirty minutes from the jersey shore if we wanted to take a cruise after.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

If you're gonna do Mystic, go to Five Guys burgers. Right across from the aquarium. Not the biggest parking lot but check and see if the Hilton across the street will take you...

I probably can't make it, but if I did, that's where I'd go...

I personally don't really want to move it down to Jersey. There was a meet down there recently that was scheduled on here, and I thought it was a little far for me which is really what prompted me to start a thread on a New England meet. I appreciate the suggestion though. And thanks Jim as well for yours...anyone know of a scenic place in Mystic to take some pics of the cars? I'd be all for having the meet somewhere (such as the suggested place or another) and then driving over to a scenic place for photos...I'm just not familiar enough with Mystic to suggest one myself. Anyone?

It's sooo freaken amazing that I live in the next town over from Mystic, Ledyard to be exact. Yet I do not know a thing about the area as far as scenic places or parks. I'll go travel today around the area.

KOT

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Mystic is a charming little port right on the ocean. Just drive to the water.

Ok, well I drove around for nearly 3 hours this morning looking for a good place to park to take pictures.
    I have three places in mind, two are in Stonington, Ct and the third is in Groton, Ct. There is a forth one in Mystic, Ct but it's in a neighborhood that is considered private property. A bunch of yacht owners and such I guess.

The first place is in Groton and is actually Uconn campus at Avery Point. If you have google earth, just type in "1084 shennecoassett Rd" then it will ask you Did you mean 1084 shennecoassett Rd groton, ct blah blah blah.

The second place is in Stonington, just type in "water st Stonington, Ct 06378" Then just scroll downwards to the point of the delta. I didn't go this place, but I just saw it on google earth and it looks like it would be pretty nice.

The third is and the end of Palmer Neck Rd Stonington, Ct. this could be a nice place. BUT it may be busy as heck on the weekend, since it has a boat launch and all. When I went there this morning, 6 24 09 Friday morning around 630 or so. It was at least 1/4 full of trucks/trailers. There is a plus, it does have portable potties.

The forth one that is in that neighbrohood in Mystic is on Masdon Island. There is a open area on the road. Just type in "Chippechaug Trail Mystic, Ct" The X will mark the spot.
    I am hoping that the picture works, because this is the picture of my CTS at that Chippechaug Trail area.

I am also thinking of meeting at a restaurant to have something to eat. Since most of ya'll maybe traveling a lot longer than I would.
    Attached Images

I just took this one tonight around 8:05 on Friday, 6-26-09. This was done at Avery Point's beach. It will be $20 to get in, unless after six pm then it's free. But like I said, I suggest going to go some place to eat first then go some place to take pictures.

I like this one because of the sun set and the light house in the background. Though I should of turned of my head lights. Oh well, next time.

KOT
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.