New England Meet 8/2/09 Location Poll - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: We seem to agree on somewhere near or in Mystic, CT. What type of place do we want?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Park

6 50.00%
  • Track

4 33.33%
  • Dyno

2 16.67%
  • Dealership

2 16.67%
  • Bar/restaurant

6 50.00%
  • Something else (suggest if you want)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Northeast Discussion, New England Meet 8/2/09 Location Poll in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Thanks a lot for looking into this so thoroughly. Personally I like the look of Avery Point, and wouldn't mind ...
    King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

Re: New England Meet 8/2/09 Location Poll

Thanks a lot for looking into this so thoroughly. Personally I like the look of Avery Point, and wouldn't mind the $20, but I'd probably be willing to do any of them if other people have preferences. A very crowded boat launch might not be the best idea though..

If we were to do this at Avery point, is there a nearby restaurant or something that would be good to initially meet up at?

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

There are plenty that are with in 3 to 5 miles. One that I could name off my head that everone would know is apple bees on rt 12. It's just off of I 95 too. There is a one of a kind type of eatry that is down the street a little, name of it is Groton something, again rt 12. I can get the name and look for others tomorrow. But here is a question, what time do ya'll want to meet? If you wantto meet at the eatry in afternoon to early evening, then we could go to Avery point after 6 so it would be free.

KOT

Well I think it would be ideal if we could get some input from others about the time. I know someone mentioned laser tag and it looks like there is a Franco's extreme laser tag on 6 Hendel Drive in Mystic. If we had enough interest I wouldnt mind doing that first...haven't done something like that in years. I was thinking maybe if we met up there early afternoon, then afterwards went to some restaurant near Avery Point, with the plan being to go to Avery Point around 6 with the cars and take pics. What does everyone else think about that? If people don't want to do the laser tag, they could still meet up afterwards at the restaurant. Opinions? Suggestions? Confirmation??

Ok well still no more feedback..we don't have to do the laser tag thing if people arent really up for it..just thought I'd entertain that suggestion. So, KOT, why don't we leave it up to you to select a restaurant near there...we can all meet up in the afternoon to grab some food, beer, etc. and what not...and then afterwards head over to Avery Point to take some pics of the cars. If anyone wants to suggest anything else either before or after that...please go ahead. But anyway, let us know the name of the restaurant you choose and we'll make an official RSVP thread with the specific location, time, etc.

Ok, well I've decided to have the first part of the meet at a 99 restraunt. It's about 5 to 10 minutes away from Avery point. Or rather Eastern point is the real name.

I've talked with the manager, who I happen to know his wife because I worked for her a few years ago. And he told me it wouldn't be a problem at all. All he would need is how many people and such.

I told him around 5pm on Sunday August 2nd. He would like to know how many of us is actually going to show up so that he could prepare an area just for us. Have a couple of servers come in at a different time and what not.

So could we all reply and say if we are going to make it and if so how many people.

Also, if the Red Sox plays the night before and they win. Kids 12 and under eat free....

KOT

PS, I had forgot to ask him. But Im sure that he would have a problem with it. Where I could have them rope off an area in the parking lot just for us to park our cars all together.

I will also print up a map from 99 to Eastern point for all of us.

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

I'm down! Send me the info when all finialized!

Ok, so I figure that we need everyone to RVSP by Thursday July 30 please. I'd like to know how many cars, then how many people with those cars. So I can contact the manager at the 99 restraunt in Groton and tell him how many parking spaces I would like to have rope off for us, and how many tables he would need.

He also wants to know this so that he could change the schedule of some servers by an hour or so. I don't know if this will work, but here is a map of their location. http://the99.know-where.com/the99/cg...=0&mapx=&mapy=

If it doesn't work, just go to http://www.99restaurants.com/index.php and type in 06340 for location.

Again, I will make enough color copies of a map from 99 restaurant to Eastern Point Beach.

See ya'll there

Rob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.