Is a New England meet realistic?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Northeast Discussion, Is a New England meet realistic?? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by submariner409 King, Your login is, without doubt, the best in all of Cadillac Forums. Well Done !!! ...
    Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: Is a New England meet realistic??

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    King, Your login is, without doubt, the best in all of Cadillac Forums. Well Done !!!
    Why thank you, it all started back in 98 when I had WebTV. Yeah I know, no need to apply. Anyways, I made typos all the time because of the IR remote keyboard. Then once I made up the name, Kingoftypos, the typos some how disappeared. Now I just fall back on the name when I can't spell a word.

So how would we set up a meet here in NE? I would really like to share some ideas and receive some as well. I do my own installs just the way that I like them, no money. Just man hours, which I enjoy anyways.

KOT

King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

I think to set up a meet we first need a little more response. We have about 5 potentially interested so far, which is ok for a start, but it would be better to get even more Cadillacs together. I think once we get some more response we should then see if we can settle on a day/place that works for everyone and go from there. I personally would love to see a variety of different Cadillacs all coming together.

cady97dev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville, 08 Envoy, 88 Lx Stang (Gone But Never Forgotten)

I possible have one more caddy guy i work with that would be interested in the meet. I would suggest a Sunday around second week of June? Even if not many show we can post images of all that attended and it may catch on in the NorthEast????

Mizugori is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS

I'm from CT, currently in NYC, would probably drive up for a meet if it is on a weekend. I used to live right on the CT/MA border like 45 minutes from Boston. RI is kind of remote I think MA or CT would be better, personally I'd prefer MA

Jammss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i am in sounds good

Well theres 3 more people which is good. Mass is definitely a possibility...I think we need to see where everyone's from once we decide to go ahead with it. Possibly 8 people now is getting a little more reasonable. Hopefully we can get a few more!

cts_mark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55

I am in Leominster Mass. I would easily go to Mass, RI, Conn, NH, I would also consider NY. I dont know if you guys have done anything like this before but I have when I was a member of the Chevy Avalanche club and we did these things all the time so if anybody needs help setting things up just let me know.

-Mark

cady97dev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville, 08 Envoy, 88 Lx Stang (Gone But Never Forgotten)

Hey King think you need to do what the other member from Tri State area did. Throw up a poll with few dates so the Northeast Members can hopefully come together. So if you do it this way Northeast members can pick and choice on a common day.. Really hope this can come together

Jammss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

hartford ct

Alright guys I made a poll on this so hopefully we can narrow down a date. Be sure to click on all the dates youre available, and we'll go with the one that has the most. Also, feel free to make other suggestions..I didn't want to make a poll with a hundred dates on it.

Trickstr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 STS

I am very new to owning a Cadillac and would love to go. I have just picked up a 95 STS and am enjoy having a car with 300hp that is not powered by uncle ben and no longer have to worry about how humid it is outside (detonation is not fun)!
    My Nissan Group I was with used to have summer meets and we would almost always have it at a local Nissan Dealer. Last meet I went to up in NH the dealership hooked us up with a BBQ grill to use, hats, 10% off parts coupons and a deal on oil change while we were there. As well as letting us pass around a new 350z for demo rides, which actually was sold the next day to a member who took it out. All we had to do was give the parts / service mgr 5 minutes to tell us all about how great their service and parts department was in return.
    Just a thought.

Patrick
    Worcester, MA
    95 STS
    98 Nissan Sentra SR20DE-T
    05 Yamaha FZ-1

cts_mark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55

I like the idea of hanging out a dealership, maybe we can get some caddy swag.

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstr View Post
    I am very new to owning a Cadillac and would love to go. I have just picked up a 95 STS and am enjoy having a car with 300hp that is not powered by uncle ben and no longer have to worry about how humid it is outside (detonation is not fun)!
    My Nissan Group I was with used to have summer meets and we would almost always have it at a local Nissan Dealer. Last meet I went to up in NH the dealership hooked us up with a BBQ grill to use, hats, 10% off parts coupons and a deal on oil change while we were there. As well as letting us pass around a new 350z for demo rides, which actually was sold the next day to a member who took it out. All we had to do was give the parts / service mgr 5 minutes to tell us all about how great their service and parts department was in return.
    Just a thought.

Patrick
    Worcester, MA
    95 STS
    98 Nissan Sentra SR20DE-T
    05 Yamaha FZ-1

Legend64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 Cadillac Seville STS

hey new to the forum here, jus picked up a 2001 Caddy STS ,would love to go to a meet ,i just moved to south jersey bout a week ago,im bout one hour and a half from nyc, i don mind driving 4 -5 hours to the meet, if anyone else is from around where im at, we should go together up north to the meet, it would kill time faster, so im deff in.

Legend..welcome to the forum. If you'd like..check out the thread that's a poll on the date of this meet, and select all the dates that would work for you. We hope to include as many people as possible by picking the best date!

I had never thought about having the meet at a dealership. I think if we were to do that, it would ideally be a dealership relatively close to somewhere scenic so we could take a little drive over and get some cool pics of the Caddies. What do you guys think? I'm not so sure, however, where that would be. But I'm getting ahead of myself right...first we need to decide on a date and see who's coming so we can then get a central location..

Legend64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 Cadillac Seville STS

Voted!!

Just a few ideas here, I used to be on a Acura Forum. When they did thier annuall meet, they get everyone to mail $20 or more depending on where they are going to stay and food etc. I think usually it was $45 a person and $70 for family. The meet was at a hotel on Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, We had Friday night as a ice breaker, getting to know each other seeing the car, having a few snacks and sodas, Saturday was a whole day event from the complimentary breakfast at the hotel then to the Sessions on how to properly clean ur vehicle,Buffing, waxing, etc. If anyone had Questions on DIY's they can ask, Lunch, Photoshoot/Video time of all the cars parked in line and different positions, then we took all the cars for a drive, pix, videos, sticky pods, racing, burn outs, it was amazing, We were working on making a nice video of all the meets so we can post them up on youtube foreveryone on youtube to join for next years event. Dinner, then back at the hotel, just socializing, some went to drink, and others that dont drink, went for a cruise in thier cars again at night. Sunday morning, Farewell Breakfast, Exchanged numbers, contact info, etc, then headed home in groups. Whoever lived in the south left at 10 am all together on the highway etc. It was fun. We can do something alot smaller with no cost but two or 3 times a year. Just some ideas here. Looking forward to meet with everyone. Also if any help is needed to set this meet up. Il be more then happy to help out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.