New Tri-State Meet - Paramus Hooters - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Northeast Discussion, New Tri-State Meet - Paramus Hooters in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Thanks Marika....
    kbevere is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: New Tri-State Meet - Paramus Hooters

Thanks Marika.

Marika is offline Cadillac Owners Member

By the way, regarding the dealership show:

ONLY registered cars can be in the show, everyone else has to park in one of the other dealership parking areas so IF you want your car to be IN the show, you have to register.

Last year the show was disrupted by (gate crashers if you will) lots of non-cadillac cars that showed up which threw off the parking plans for all the other registered Cadillacs that were invited to the show. So please feel free to show up as a spectator, we do have a lot of fun at the show, but if you want to show your car, please register it. Information for the registration can be had at the Brogan website: http://www.brogancad.com Thank you!

Here are photos from last year's show: http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...20Show%202006/

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Marika, I'm sorry you were upset about the postponement. I don't think I really had a chance. I'm not even sure I know how I came to be in charge of this thing.

I don't mind at all but I do need to rely on my eye and ears in that area and everyone I conversed with including yourself said it was either raining or ready to rain.

I know we have inside and I know the rain won't kill us but it won't be much fun sitting inside looking at the cars through the windows.

Incidently for those in the loop ALL Hooters in this area have closed. I'm not sure when or why but I went to 2 of them today to investigate and they were shutdown with a note to vendors on the door. Weird. So I guess it wasn't 100% rumor.

Moving on I would love to show up on Sat and have a little meet when we're done at the show. If anyone has ideas, suggestions or comments feel free to share.

Quote Originally Posted by codewize View Post
    Marika, I'm sorry you were upset about the postponement. I don't think I really had a chance. I'm not even sure I know how I came to be in charge of this thing.

I don't mind at all but I do need to rely on my eye and ears in that area and everyone I conversed with including yourself said it was either raining or ready to rain.

I know we have inside and I know the rain won't kill us but it won't be much fun sitting inside looking at the cars through the windows.

Incidently for those in the loop ALL Hooters in this area have closed. I'm not sure when or why but I went to 2 of them today to investigate and they were shutdown with a note to vendors on the door. Weird. So I guess it wasn't 100% rumor.

Moving on I would love to show up on Sat and have a little meet when we're done at the show. If anyone has ideas, suggestions or comments feel free to share.
    You appointed yourself, that's how you came to be in charge of this get together. One guy did show up at Hooters, he drove all the way from South New Jersey. He was the only guy to show up and yes, Hooters was OPEN for business.

And in case you forgot how you got appointed as the person in charge of this meet, here's your post on the caddyinfo.com site:

Codewize
    Rating: 0
    View Member Profile
    Remove Friend
    Send Message
    Find Member's Topics
    Find Member's Posts

post Today, 07:53 AM
    Post #92

Reader (10+ posts)

Group: Registered
    Member No.: 6176
    2001 DTS

What? No way. I'm the organizer of this thing. I'm there.

Don't think that at all. I have no idea why someone told me they closed and actually 2 people agreed with them ad said they heard the same thing. After posting I went to Hooters.com and investigated. Don't know.

I was just out with the dog and it's a beautiful day. As long as the haze burns off it's going to be nice and sunny.

and here's the link:
    http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.p...dpost&p=107263

LOL, That was long after I was in charge. Like I said, I don't mind the responsibility at all. I just need help on making these decisions. Yes I saw the post form the gentlemen who showed up.

That is in deed a very unfortunate thing. I feel bad

I did however tell everyone in the beginning to watch the thread closely the morning of, if there was ANY threat of rain. I understand he had a problem with power or something this morning but I can't control that.

I did what I felt was the right thing to do and it's wasn't based on 1 or 2 people who weren't going to show it was based on the fact that it's silly to put a bunch or car people together in the rain.

I was personally showered and ready to go, and it turned out to be a beautiful day here with no rain at all. Unfortunately I don't think Paramus was so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    And in case you forgot how you got appointed as the person in charge of this meet, here's your post on the caddyinfo.com site:

CADIMAC52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 cts MY way

First of all,Hooters is NOT closed. I was in the area around 1:00 yesterday,had lunch at Hooters,and no one showed up. I was there till around 2:30. It wasn't raining when I got there, but started shortly thereafter.Maybe next Sun. sounds good to me,anybody else?

We might be looking at September, seems better for a lot of people.

No I know that one is open but here in upstate NY they're all closed.

Quote Originally Posted by CADIMAC52 View Post
    First of all,Hooters is NOT closed. I was in the area around 1:00 yesterday,had lunch at Hooters,and no one showed up. I was there till around 2:30. It wasn't raining when I got there, but started shortly thereafter.Maybe next Sun. sounds good to me,anybody else?

OK it seems like several people are a little upset with me. I'd like to prevent that from happening in the future.

WE NEED; someone to be in charge of this stuff, we can't wing it. I don't mind being that person but in the event of a weather issue I need help form people in the area of the meet.

Secondly; I don't care what you say, rain matters. How many of you want to go to a car meet and sit inside. I know I don't. Now if it's a little sprinkle or something that's different but when they're calling for T-Storms all day long that does matter.

Someone needs to be able to make that call.

Finally; If you're planning on attending these 'Tri-State' meets then this forum is the place to watch. I try to keep the folks at Caddy Info informed but this is the origin of these meets so this is the place to get the info.

That means, if there is a threat of rain or any other issue, you need to watch the current thread for information the morning of the meet. We / I will keep this thread up to date by the minute if need be. But this forum in the current Tri-State thread is the place to watch.

That's it.

kbevere is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Im in for This sunday if its on!

Well here's my take on this weekend. I can do either day but right now I have an appointment with the car up here on Sun. I made that based on the thought that I would be down there Sat at the show.

If we're not really interested in the show and we rather meet Sun that's fine. I can change my appointment but I need to know. I can not do both days.

CADIMAC52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 cts MY way

Go to Brogan on Sat. and reschedule Hooters. Just a suggestion.

Is that what you would like to see? That's what I was planning in my mind. I also did mention that we could gather after Brogan at a near by venue or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CADIMAC52 View Post
    Go to Brogan on Sat. and reschedule Hooters. Just a suggestion.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

I can't believe people are actually pissed at you codewize because we didn't have a meet. Some people crack me up. But I will keep close tabs on here to see what the latest is

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.