More "Props" for James and the guys at Lindsay
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Lindsay Cadillac Discussion, More "Props" for James and the guys at Lindsay in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; I'm gonna make a pre-emptive strike on this one, my V is still AT lindsay getting worked on. But, so ...
    RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

More "Props" for James and the guys at Lindsay

I'm gonna make a pre-emptive strike on this one, my V is still AT lindsay getting worked on. But, so far its been great. Dropped my car off yesterday with James (personally checked my car in) with just a couple simple anal retentive things to look at, nothing really mechanical. Just a request to fix a rattling center arm rest, take a look at some scratches on the nav screen, and take it for a quick test drive.

I just called to find out what time i should pick up my car, and well they told me they found the pinion seal leak problem, checked for any TSB's/Recalls, and a whole list of stuff i didn't ask them to check. Looks like i'll have to live without my V for another day or so, , well not really annoyed more that spoiled little child face when you take their favorite toy away.

So props to the guys at lindsay for going above and beyond the call of duty on this one, i'll post more when i get my car back tomorrow morning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: More "Props" for James and the guys at Lindsay

I have it in the shop now. The recall is done, the armrest is fixed and the pinion seal has been replaced.
    I just need to look it over and do some paperwork in the morning and hopefully someone will be calling you soon to let you know it is ready.

Sorry for the extra day's wait but we have been really busy over in my part of the shop and we are really pushing to get all this stuff done... but we want to be sure it gets done right so we are running a little behind.
    Thanks for your patience and your understanding.
    And don't worry, we are taking good care of your "favorite toy"

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I have it in the shop now. The recall is done, the armrest is fixed and the pinion seal has been replaced.
    I just need to look it over and do some paperwork in the morning and hopefully someone will be calling you soon to let you know it is ready.

Sorry for the extra day's wait but we have been really busy over in my part of the shop and we are really pushing to get all this stuff done... but we want to be sure it gets done right so we are running a little behind.
    Thanks for your patience and your understanding.
    And don't worry, we are taking good care of your "favorite toy"
    much appreciated...

take what time you need, i'd rather have it done right then have it done twice!

are you the tech thats actually working on it?

Yes sir I am.
    I get most all of the V work that comes through the shop.
    Feel free to ask me questions anytime.
    You can always reach me here.

I'd have to see the repair order to make sure we addressed all your issues, but I know most of the things you mentioned we have already repaired.
    I have another V in the shop and an XLR that I need to get done along with some other big jobs I sold yesterday and today but I'll try to get yours finished up... right.... as early as I can.

Not to make excuses, but I had to spend a lot of time on the phone today with an engineer about a nav radio concern on an '07 Escalade.

I really appreciate your patience. Sometimes I get too much work at once and some people don't understand what it takes and put a lot of pressure on me to get it done right away.

no rush at all man, i wont be able to get it until the afternoon anyways... boss is coming in from out of town

earlies would be 3pm

I am confident it will be done well before 3.

I am going to go road test it and then have it washed for you.
    It will be ready to pick up whenever you are.

Thank you for your business.

I am going to go road test it and then have it washed for you.
    It will be ready to pick up whenever you are.

Thank you for your business.
    i'll swing by after lunch then!

and i'm bringing the fuzzy dice!

Got the car back, excellent service!

See i knew something was rattling around in the armrest, wierd that it was trimscrews...

Ok back to the serious business...the service.

Great job from the guys in service (James and Bill) but one thing, the porter who brought my car around to the front parked it on a slight incline and didnt set the parking brake, let the whole weight of the car sit on the tranny. Maybe thats me being anal, but whats up with that fellas

OVERALL RATING: ***** five out of five, with a slight slap on the wrist for the lot attendant

I am not sure why he didn't set the park brake, it doesn't hurt the engine to do that, but I know what you mean. He should have set the park brake, but you just let me and James know about it so he'll have the guy who's in charge of the porters explain it to them.

I used to park my old Camaro like that but it was a beat up old '69 and I don't think the park brake worked on it anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, I don't always get to hear back from my customers. Please let us know if you have any more issues with your car.
    What color are the dice?

I am not sure why he didn't set the park brake, it doesn't hurt the engine to do that, but I know what you mean. He should have set the park brake, but you just let me and James know about it so he'll have the guy who's in charge of the porters explain it to them.

I used to park my old Camaro like that but it was a beat up old '69 and I don't think the park brake worked on it anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, I don't always get to hear back from my customers. Please let us know if you have any more issues with your car.
    What color are the dice?
    oh I know it doesn't hurt it i'm just an anal retentive car owner

thanks again!

Lindsay Cadillac is offline Alexandria, Va
    Automobile(s): Work on them all...

OK, I fired the lot attendant that brought your car up and didn't set the parking brake...

j/k - I did talk to our Car Wash/Porter supervisor and stressed to him the importance of setting the parking brake on manual transmission vehicles...

I'm glad that everything is to your satisfaction and if you need anything else don't hesitate to let us know...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.