4.9 in a 85 fiero with caddy trans
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 4.9 in a 85 fiero with caddy trans in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I was going to build a s-10 with 472. Ive since changed my mind since learnin about the fiero swap. ...
    93sdeville4.9m is offline Cadillac Owners Member

4.9 in a 85 fiero with caddy trans

I was going to build a s-10 with 472. Ive since changed my mind since learnin about the fiero swap. Anyone know anything to mod these type of motors? Hidden tricks? Aftermarket parts? 4.9 is a very easy swap and way more realistic and cheap compared to anything else Ive wanted to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

Re: 4.9 in a 85 fiero with caddy trans

i dont know any details about the process, sorry. however i do know its been done countless times so atleast you know its possible. i also envy you, i would kill to own a fiero in decent shape.

best of luck with your project.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

stock Fiero + stock 4.9 + your choice of tranny = instant low 13second car....

go to Fieroaddiction.com for info ont he swaps.... without going custom, the only mods for the 4.9 are K&N drop in air filter and a computer chip.....

Hippie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    stock Fiero + stock 4.9 + your choice of tranny = instant low 13second car....

go to Fieroaddiction.com for info ont he swaps.... without going custom, the only mods for the 4.9 are K&N drop in air filter and a computer chip.....
    You can also check the Fiero Caddy Swap Forums, there are quite a few guys there that have modded their motors, unfortunately they're not good mods for a heavier car..................... :disappoin

93sdeville4.9m is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the link I have on my signature tells you everything about the swap.
    Even puttin on a carb and different distrib. Copy and paste the link into the address internet bar. I guess since there is no major bolt ons I guess stock is good enough. I was hopin for somethin. Guess stock is it. WHats the valve sizes on the heads? Could they be increased? or three angle valve job is there enough meat for anything like that? cam? Headers? Just some thoughts. I checked into some of this and now I cant get nothin on the internet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.