ISC motor acts sticky
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, ISC motor acts sticky in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My ISC motor has a hard time retractin when I reset the min idle value. I took it apart and ...
    93sdeville4.9m is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ISC motor acts sticky

My ISC motor has a hard time retractin when I reset the min idle value. I took it apart and inspected for problems. Cleaned it all up contacts and all re lubed it and it still does the same thing. Is this normal? Should I replace it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: ISC motor acts sticky

Quote Originally Posted by 93sdeville4.9m
    My ISC motor has a hard time retractin when I reset the min idle value. I took it apart and inspected for problems. Cleaned it all up contacts and all re lubed it and it still does the same thing. Is this normal? Should I replace it?

What do you mean it has a hard time retracting...???

If you depressed the plunger with your finger and reved the engine slightly at the same time by opening the throttle lever and the ISC motor was lethargic in retracting it probably is getting tired and lazy and may need to be replaced....but...was this the only symptom making you think that something is wrong?? If the ISC works OK otherwise then I would say that it is probably OK...but if you were trying to chase other problems by checking the min air and such then possibly the ISC motor is checking out...

93sdeville4.9m is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: ISC motor acts sticky

When I try to retract the plunger it acts slow and acts like its going to stop moving and moves like its jerky. When I cleaned the egr tubes it started to act up. Like my min idle is wrong. You can feel it in the gas peddle too. Thanks for your help. I IM'ed you about the egr valve. Thanks for your info I found on caddyinfo.com.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.