94 4.9 bypass siezed A/C compressor - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 94 4.9 bypass siezed A/C compressor in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Originally Posted by ratboy75024 The diagram was pulled from an alldata screenshot. Some stuff is just hard to find. Oh ...
    behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Re: 94 4.9 bypass siezed A/C compressor

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy75024 View Post
    The diagram was pulled from an alldata screenshot. Some stuff is just hard to find.

Oh my the way. Still drivng it with no problems. Think the starter is going. Starts ok, but when warmed up. Hard cranking. sounds like the battery is almost dead. but it's new.
    I was having that same issue too, hard to start when hot, I have a new battery aswell. So far just taking a pair of vice grips and really tightening down the positive battery cable has helped so far, If yours is like mine you have 2 that mount on the positive terminal with a thick metal washer in between them, think just a sorta loose connection was my issue, starter was replaced about 2 years ago.

Glad I saw your diagram. I looked at the belt before removing it and tried to remember its path, but had a hard time seeing how it was routed so i just pulled the old off and followed the underhood diagram, I felt i was doing it wrong on the way and the slack i was left with reassured me lol, thats when I re read your diagram and tried again with success.

Does anyone else have a problem with their underhood diagram being wrong? If i remember I will take a picture of mine tomorrow.

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Re: 94 4.9 bypass siezed A/C compressor

Quote Originally Posted by behind-bars View Post

Does anyone else have a problem with their underhood diagram being wrong? If i remember I will take a picture of mine tomorrow.

I feel stupid now

After a decent nights sleep and better weather I went out to take another look, Turns out the diagram underhood is RIGHT and I was wrong. In my tired and rainsoaked state I was apparently reading the diagram upside down, Having the pulleys labeled is what made the difference in me getting it right. Now that I compare the 2 they are identical, I just was using the wrong pulley for reference.

Sheesh

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.