ht 4100 question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, ht 4100 question in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i recently changed the water pump on a 83 cadillac deville with the 4100 this is not my vehicle i ...
    gmman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ht 4100 question

i recently changed the water pump on a 83 cadillac deville with the 4100 this is not my vehicle i am helping a friend he did some of the work before he realized he had no clue what he was doing the problem i have is he took the belts off and i cant find a diagram anywhere also i was reading this forum and i read that a sealer should also be added is this true? well any help would be apperciated

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: ht 4100 question

Quote Originally Posted by gmman
    i recently changed the water pump on a 83 cadillac deville with the 4100 this is not my vehicle i am helping a friend he did some of the work before he realized he had no clue what he was doing the problem i have is he took the belts off and i cant find a diagram anywhere also i was reading this forum and i read that a sealer should also be added is this true? well any help would be apperciated

thanks
    The GM coolant supplement pellets are required for the HT4100. An acceptable substitute is the BarsLeaks "golden seal" powder in the clear tube. 6 pellets or two tubes.

Go to the search feature in the toolbar above and search using "coolant supplement" and you should find a considerable amount of info.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Make sure the smog pump belt is properly tightened prior to the alternator belt install. If the smog belt is loose the alternator belt will slip on the water pump pulley, causing weak alt. output.

gmman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok i got a problem i cant find any adjustment for the smog pump belt. the adjuster on the alternator (which i was told is how u tighten the smog pump belt) is not tightening the belt if anyone can help please reply

aguthmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 1998 Seville STS, 2001 Seville SLS

Quote Originally Posted by bbob
    The GM coolant supplement pellets are required for the HT4100. An acceptable substitute is the BarsLeaks "golden seal" powder in the clear tube. 6 pellets or two tubes.

Go to the search feature in the toolbar above and search using "coolant supplement" and you should find a considerable amount of info.
    Absolutely! I've had 3 HT4100s, 3 - 4.9L. Of those 6, 4 lost head gaskets. Why? People before me (bought all four 100,000+ miles) didn't let them warm up before driving them (especially MN winter) and didn't put in the sealer! I have 92 Eldo with 139,000 that I've owned since it's had 54,000 on it. I put either the GM tablets or Bars leak in it every fall and have it flushed in the summer.
    I'm not saying it's the only reason, but it will help out.

bookgee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can anyone tell me how to time the ht4100? it takes a special machine, but i shop told me i could create an open loop, and itll tiem itself, but he ALSO said itll never need timed again. EVER, he said these engines arent like the old vacuum advanced cars and things. First, is that TRUE? and how do I actaully DO it? thanks everyone!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.