Silent Performance Muffler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Silent Performance Muffler in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; After buying the hi-flow cat, I'm now looking for a hi-flow muffler that sounds as quiet as possible as the ...
    D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Silent Performance Muffler

After buying the hi-flow cat, I'm now looking for a hi-flow muffler that sounds as quiet as possible as the original one... do you know/tried one? I have even considered buying a factory muffler for a sportier model of caddy... I would appreciate any advice here...
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LacSeville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Silent Performance Muffler

you could try buying a stock camaro muffler. it'll have dual pipes coming out and it'd probably flow better. (usually associate camaro with performace anyhow)

HippieD9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've got a camero muffler, try to get one for the the 350 H.O. It should be 2 1/2 in with two 2 1/4 out. You can get the stock tailpipes with it and cut em down to save work. I rigged a hanger on the pass. side from a brass pipe hanger for water pipes. It goes up to on of the bumper bolts. You'll need extra short crome tips, and will probably have to bend the stock tailpipe some to get the muffler straight. I used a Walker Sound F/X, it's a bit louder than stock, but REAL quiet compared to most. Hope it helps.

D.

HippieD9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just realized, your's is a 94. I'll have to look at my dads car next time I go over there, his is a 94. I'll get back to you about that...

D.

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thanks guys, I'd appreciate any additional info, D.

ckucia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I haven't installed it yet, but I bought a Walker OEM-replacement muffler for a '90-something Eldorado. I think it was a '92.

If you look at their catalog, there was a dual-exhaust option for 92 only with the 4.x. I have an Allante and I bought the muffler and the two tailpipes.

I did the exhaust cutout over the summer when I repainted the car, but I haven't had time to crawl under there.

I don't expect it to be a bolt-on, but I think with a little bit of cutting it will fit well.

Anyhow, the muffler is a large dual-outlet, single-inlet.

Walker's catalog is online and you can look up the part numbers and order them through www.rockauto.com

Might be what you're looking for. I expect the Walker to be quieter than a "performance" muffler.

MichSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello,

Any of you guys have any experience with walker quiet flow mufflers. I'm looking into installing a couple on a 4.6 94 sts. I want more performance & not much noise but dont want to waste my money.

Thanks John

roger_27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i got dynomax turbo hemis..... they are in the summit catalog.. they are quieter than my stock 1979 pickup.. they are very very quiet and give 30 percent more flow than stuck.. jhust an idea

daddyscaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have a 90 deville, yesterday i put on a VORTEX muffler for trans am('97) "dual outlets". i wish you guys could hear it!!!!best damn $185.00 i ever spent($40 for muffler,the rest for labor and pipes,oh got tips for $20 a piece..vroom vroom,oh yea faster too!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.