Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about spark plugs!

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

Re: Question about spark plugs!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTTC6 View Post
    I run NGK's in everying i own. Haven't had a problem
    Well of course you haven't had a 'problem'. It isn't like a big company is going to sell you spark plugs that don't fire. The question is how WELL do they ignite your fuel/air mixture.

bandit600 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special

A couple of weeks a go I pulled my plugs (AC Delco 41-902) and they were white and crusty. i could see the deposits building up between the electrode and the tip. So i changed them for NGK Platinum G-power plugs.

After 1 week i had to take them out because my fuel consumption went up, and power went down. Last night I put my old crusty plugs back in (good thing i kept them!) and the car came back to life again.

As soon as i get some more $ I'm going to replace them all with new AC Delco plugs. They go for $12 CAD each up here. That's $98 just to change plugs! ouch.

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Quote Originally Posted by bandit600 View Post
    A couple of weeks a go I pulled my plugs (AC Delco 41-902) and they were white and crusty. i could see the deposits building up between the electrode and the tip. So i changed them for NGK Platinum G-power plugs.

After 1 week i had to take them out because my fuel consumption went up, and power went down. Last night I put my old crusty plugs back in (good thing i kept them!) and the car came back to life again.

As soon as i get some more $ I'm going to replace them all with new AC Delco plugs. They go for $12 CAD each up here. That's $98 just to change plugs! ouch.
    I would shop around, You can get ac delco rapid fires for 4-5$ US. Rapid Fires are platinum aswell, I have some but havent put them in yet, Personally I would have sent the NGKs back and if money were a issue just gone and bought the cheapest Delcos and installed them. I would hate having to replace the plugs several times in a short period.

Not sure the exchange rates, But i got 8 Delco Rapid fires for 50$ US after tax

HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 118,*** miles

I bought a pack of eight ACDelcos for $16 (total).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12