Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No fuel delivery to '87 Biaritz

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  100 
#1 ·
I have not been able to start my Biaritz. It sat for a year and a half without a start up. Before that it ran smoothly.
I changed the fuel filter and can hear the fuel pump running when the key is first turned on. I disconnected the fuel line at the throttle body and no fuel is being pumped. If I pour fuel into the throttle body the cars runs for a few seconds.
What can be wrong??

#2 ·
Welcome WJ!
I'm not able to help, however one of the moderators should move your question to the specific section. In the mean time try checking the Eldo section or the Northstar section. Good luck!
:hmm:

#3 ·
wjbinc said:
I have not been able to start my Biaritz. It sat for a year and a half without a start up. Before that it ran smoothly.
I changed the fuel filter and can hear the fuel pump running when the key is first turned on. I disconnected the fuel line at the throttle body and no fuel is being pumped. If I pour fuel into the throttle body the cars runs for a few seconds.
What can be wrong??
You may need to drop the fuel tank and replace the coupler between the fuel pump and the fuel sending unit. If the pump is truely running and you have no fuel supply at the throttle body then the coupler inside the tank may have dried out and cracked causing a massive internal fuel leak in the tank between the pump and the sending unit pipe.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.